"Share some good music" Friday

I work on my own a lot (which means I get to choose the music), finishing houses. Occasionally I work with another finishing carpenter on bigger jobs. We both love Tom. Last week we just played him on my Ipod all day. 8 hours straight of Tom. That was a good day. My favourite by a mile is this:

1 Like
1 Like

Working my way through their YouTube back catalogue. I stumbled across these guys recently. Don’t know the bassist, but he’s awesome. In fact they’re all great. This one was just released.

stoner’n’roll

1 Like

Lol Bez. Wild and crazy days :+1:

2 Likes

His new gig, LOL.

3 Likes
1 Like

Some nice indie I hadn’t heard before.

1 Like

I’ve posted one or two before but this whole album is phenomenal. Deadmau5 performed by an orchestra.

Need to follow the youtube link to get the full list.

4 Likes

Yeah, Orchestra mixed with modern rock, or metal or punk, is always cool.
This is a great example of that.
I love the whole song, performance and the band plus Orchestra. I just wish they would do less angle changes and show the whole thing for at least a minute or two. Is that too much to ask from an 18 min song?
I know they used alot of footage sent in by fans in attendance. I would have love to go there, I have always wanted to go to the Red Rock Amphitheater just into the Rockies west of Denver. I have driven by it, it is built right into the mountains, and must be super awesome to experience.
As I have driven by it a couple times, I can only imagine the view, day or night, from inside the venue.
Even if you hate NOFX, this is worth a watch, or listen.

2 Likes

Instead of reaching for A-6, you could use D-1, for the pinky-challenged.

Translated as “hatred” in Gaelic, FUATH is the atmospheric black metal offshoot of SAOR’s Andy Marshall.

1 Like
1 Like

Wow! Does that sound very Southern Rockish to you?

not sure how I would call that … some kind of psychedelic rock !

1 Like

Here is another great song from Australian crawl,
enjoy Brian

https://youtu.be/1hpzRJCZ0oE

2 Likes

my girlfriend just discovered and fell in love with pg.lost today.

I might keep her :yum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hn3_MuWRrw

7 Likes

Good girl :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

So good. Love pg.lost. She’s a keeper for sure!

Short hop to Cult of Luna now :slight_smile:

“So, you know, the keyboardist is in another band…”

Also I love that Best Of, and have spent many hours listening to it while working. WherePostRockDwells is one of my favorite YouTube channels. This topic pointed me at it too.

6 Likes

Nice tip. Subscribed!

3 Likes