"Share some good music" Friday

Sub to Pelagic Records too, their label - a lot of stuff on the label will be up your alley if you like pg.lost.

3 Likes

As Iā€™m practicing Folsom Prison Blues for the 50 Songs Challenge, I canā€™t help but think about this, what should I call itā€¦ Tribute, maybe? Done by our friends from Denmark: Volbeat! Have to say I like this a lot better than the original.

2 Likes

Done! Thanks. Will check it out :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Iā€™ve got an old school IPod with a 160gb drive thatā€™s full. So most days itā€™s on shuffle and some great stuff shows up that I havenā€™t listened to in ages.
https://youtu.be/VH7lGle7UL8

2 Likes

Haha, thatā€™s awesome! I am so stressed out at the momentā€¦ this stuff is total bliss!!

4 Likes

oh she already knows Cult Of Luna :grin:

1 Like

Agreed, these types of videos are endlessly relaxing indeed. If I put them on when Iā€™m stressed I can physically feel the knot in my forehead unravel itself in real time.

2 Likes

I can only deal with that if I was there, fishing or something.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been preferring naturescapes over actual music lately to be honest with you. Itā€™s great for bringing nature into your house at any time.

If thereā€™s bad weather outside, then it can be good inside. Or if you want to have a different time of day then you can pull that up too.

What about the desire to see & hear places that you donā€™t live around? Like say a chain of islands when you live in Nevada where red sand is permanently lodged into your butt crack?

I canā€™t argue that going out to the actual outdoors and catching some fish while you drink is a far superior experience. But sometimes an alternative will do just fine if youā€™re stuck at home working so I definitely think thereā€™s a place for content like this.

2 Likes

I am not much of a fisherman, nor do I drink, but if I were in that place, I would for sure try to catch some fish.

I was not saying anything bad about it, I agree with every point you made, I just canā€™t have it going for a long time without my mind focusing on those sounds (edit replacing the word noise 2x) and only those sounds. But sometimes silence is the loudest noise on the planet, so it can be good to break it up, especially with peaceful noise.

It might have had something to do with how loud my computer was set, had I turned it down 2/3 the way, it probably would have made some decent background sounds I could be at peace with. If at sometime I want to hear something completely different then the usual city sounds, or tv or loud music, I will search for this, set the volume to 3 and see how it goes.

Again, I was not trying to bash it in any way, it was just so strong after I turned it on, and tried to read a couple posts, I reacted, and posted, ā€œEnough of thatā€, all I can think about is fishing and bug spray.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not either but when I am fishing Iā€™m a drinking fisherman lol

Oh I know you werenā€™t bashing, no worries. I think my posts might get taken out of context when Iā€™m really just trying to be lighthearted or funny while trying to make my points. I never actually know how thatā€™s received by someone else though. Never mean to make anyone think Iā€™m offended or ever want to offend someone else.

I used to never actually be into these types of videos before and never understood why people would rack up millions of views on them but now I know. Just like you said it helps drown out the silence but sometimes silence is exactly what you need.

I think using white, brown or pink noise would do the same thing to relax you as the these types of videos. Iā€™ve fallen asleep to the running fans on my pc in the same way. Metal can also oddly make me feel relaxed similarly. Ambient or atmospheric genres of course too.

But you make great points as well, I have had to sift through several videos to find something I liked and even then I do turn it down enough so that it feels more like the real outdoors. Iā€™m just like you, I canā€™t have these vids cranked like metal either.

They have so many cityscape sounds too, pubs, restaurants or really anything is out there that may interest you in the oddest ways. Train sounds do it for me at the end of a day, donā€™t know what it is about it! lol

But I can wake up in the middle of the night, put a train ride on and then I clunk my head sideways and pass back out like a puppy again. LOL Fishing and bugspray though! :rofl:

1 Like

Since it came up in another thread :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dB_ubVAnGw

Canā€™t really tell with this recording but Klaus rocks out on this one.

4 Likes

my favorite album is really their last one, Oscillate

3 Likes

Yeah I bought it the other day, itā€™s really good!

3 Likes

Female bassist who can sing. :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

She has great taste in bass guitars, too . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

1 Like

Iā€™m currently taking a deep dive into the discography of ā€œYesā€.

https://youtu.be/UWjswfSstws

Their debut album is so inventive, love the mix and general sound aesthetics, vocal harmonies, jazzy influences, the killer drum sound!

The 70s are slowly becoming my favorite decade in music. :sunglasses:
Edit: Yes, the first Yes record is from 69, but still :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This came up in the car today on shuffle, forgot how cool the baseline is.
Actually, how cool every dang instrument in Fishbone is!

https://youtu.be/fLoH7Ra2WxI

2 Likes

Ahh nothing beats waking up with a coffee and some random greek doom metal. :grin:
Acid Mammoth - Under Acid Hoof (Full Album 2020)

https://youtu.be/4GwYrQeQpJk

5 Likes