"Share some good music" Friday

There you have it, @terb - raking, sweeping - it’s all the same and reminds me of the garden work I am presently avoiding :grin:

2 Likes

I’m lucky enough to have seen all incarnations of Dev. From SYL to DTP and the acoustic show this year in Brum. Talent, and, as you say, Feels…

1 Like

He also "swept/raked " down with his thumb. Gobsacked… :scream:

1 Like

Since @JoshFossgreen slyly dropped some of these guys in his latest video, it’s BRITPOP ANTHEM TIME!

4 Likes

I saw them live.
I think I still have the ticket.

some “new” music

I did like to listen to sonic youth (actually still do just don’t play it that often anymore)

4 Likes

Also something new. Funky. New album out soon…

7 Likes

Too much good stuff in this thread! This is what I’m hitting today, recommended by a friend who’s an amazing Latin music bassist:

4 Likes

It’s Friday and my half-badass self is practicing “Back in Black” (with the entire AC/DC band as back-up… oh yeah). Today is the first day that I’ve tried to play along with entire songs. Getting pretty good at “Feel Good Inc.”, even with the occasional slide notes. I am one stoked mini badass!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

'seems you’re getting ready to record some cover, @alchemyst21 :sunglasses:

(and with AC/DC, prepare yourself to be flaged by Youtube/Soundcloud and find your own way for hosting the file !)

4 Likes

Damn y’all!

Pulling some favs and calling out killer new stuff as usual. Love you bass cats.
@oldthumper with the Hevy Devy (love that guy and his whole aesthetic) my main doomer @terb bringing Cult of Luna, Elder and DVNE, then the not-Australian @Mark_D with the live Pino… (only problem with this video is that it had a guitar player in it… ) @muff with Kinga??? Whaaaa?? Bass transcription homework.

Thanks all.

4 Likes

That Kinga video is adorable.

3 Likes

Kim Gordon is super underrated. I think I only saw Sonic Youth once, I wasn’t very in to them at the time (I was in to much harder/darker stuff around then, believe it or not). Still, it was obvious that they were genius.

My favorite thing they ever did was a little unusual for them, but they did an absolutely amazing cover of “Superstar” that both got across the essential desperate creepiness of the original and also made it their own.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think you did but then deleted it? I certainly learned of them from you at some point not too long ago. They are great!

More old-school, original shoegaze:

I love Lush. Lots of different ranges to their stuff.

2 Likes

Yeah, like you said, Whaaaa? We all need a little Whaaaa? now and then, right? :rofl:

1 Like

I just got to say it. This Forum, the whole of it, Is awesome. The people, the points of view, the absolute scale of music variation (see what I did with the allegory :grin:). Thankyou Mr Fossgreen.

5 Likes

I’ve got a feeling you own a lot of my record collection! Quick test, did you like “Destroy the Heart (she said)” ? :grinning:

2 Likes

Whoa I actually didn’t know that one, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not Friday! The first House of Love album is a mine of shoe gaze textures and some unbelievably good tunes. Check out “Christine” on South Bank show. Remember that, with Melvin Bragg?