"Share some good music" Friday

No bassist in this band . . .
They kinda carry the bass between ‘em.

1 Like

A beautiful (I find) piece by the originally French fusion group Gongzilla (used to be Gong and Pierre Moerlen’s Gong), who often had Allan Holdsworth on their contributing list - and he plays a gorgeous solo here (again). Tune is called (tongue in cheek) “Allan Qui?”

Happy Friday!
2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve just got to this point in the course, so . . .
in my view, a pretty decent cover . . .

4 Likes

not a bass thing, but I love the Fender Telecaster Deluxe.

and I also love Polysics :

1 Like

Polysics :heart: :slight_smile:

1 Like

More Friday, More Hooky

1 Like

I was at their last ever gig.
Birmingham University
Friday May 2nd 1980

3 Likes

Awesome. They were barely too early for me, started seeing live shows in ‘82. I did get to meet all the surviving members plus Rob Gretton once though, after a New Order gig.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Busy day, but had to pop in for this. Iconic band. Tight bass. Yet another tragic waste.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sigh. I’m going to pretend that when I posted yesterday I knew it was actually Thursday…

2 Likes

I should probably change the thread title to “Share some good music Friday-ish” :grin:

5 Likes

That might be for the best. In my defence, I’m an idiot.

1 Like

Adam Neely was in Atlanta tonight with his band Sungazer. My daughter and I were planning to go. Tickets were only $10 on line and $15 at the door. I figured it would be a nice opportunity to get out of the house, spend some time with my daughter, get to see a live show, and get to see somebody I’ve been watching on YouTube for years. Simple, right?

Boy, did i underestimate the situation. They ended up selling out the venue and have a line out the door of people waiting to get in as other people leave and that was at 30 minutes before the opener even went on. I am not going to make this show. However, we can still enjoy a little bit of Neo Soul/Future Jazz/Electronica here at BassBuzz.

5 Likes

Bummer man! That woulda been a great show - I guess too many other people thought so too. Either the venue sells out, or there’s hardly a crowd sometimes… You never can predict. It’s probably a case for buying tickets to popular shows way in advance though!

1 Like

Ah, that kinda sucks…

I don’t know whether they all came to see Neely or really to hear Sungazer. I find their music to be an intellectual exercise for them (Neely and Crowder), where they get to challenge themselves with all kinds of intricate musical stuff (polyrhythms, “drunk” rhythms and such), but therefore perhaps less accessible to someone not steeped in the same musical background as them. I like complex music, but I find Stargazer to be a bit too convoluted or even a tad contrived - but that might be exactly what they are going for!?!

1 Like

Apologies if this one has been shared before but Rocco Prestia absolutley kills this bass line! Awesome talent!
3 Likes

Kiyoshi’s new album is out.

aww yeah

2 Likes