"Share some good music" Friday

Learn something new every day… Guess I’m just “Old School”…

4 Likes

Gang of Four was great, one of the original, seminal post-punk acts. Their bass player at that time, Dave Allen, was awesome and later went on to form Shriekback.

1 Like

Yeah, forget any of that really hard stuff out there!!

But, do pass me some of that natural Wildwood Flower… :wink:

2 Likes

Played with a killer organ player who requested this in the set. Such a joy!!!

2 Likes

My favorite version of Seven Nation Army. I love Haley Reinhart’s PMJ stuff, especially this and Creep (one of my favorite songs). This is on upright bass, but this stuff is class.

8 Likes

Whoa!!

I think I just got hit with a couple of Cupid’s arrows :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Be careful there @Jazzbass19 Joe… You got a stress test to get through tomorrow… Actually, instead of having the doctors shoot those chemicals into your bloodstream to simulate arterial stress to the heart, just have them play this cover video a couple times over…

5 Likes

Where has she been all my life? :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Glad you liked it. Here’s all her other PMJ stuff: Creep - Vintage Postmodern Jukebox Radiohead Cover ft. Haley Reinhart - YouTube

I like “Creep - Radiohead” and “Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden” the most in addition to the Seven Nation Army one.

3 Likes

I love PostModern Jukebox, it’s such a neat idea, taking all these songs, and choreographing them in a vintage 1920’s era way, with that classy style, dress, and sound… They tour all over the world, but were sold out a few months ago where I live, I wanted to see that show! Next time.

3 Likes

Ooh now that’s sultry.

1 Like
3 Likes

I like this a lot - nice mood and build-up!

2 Likes

That song is like a prototypical post-rock song. Long, slow buildup, lots of layers, beautiful heavy crescendo towards the end. The only thing it is missing from being a nearly perfect example is it’s not nine minutes long :slight_smile:

This band is apparently considered one of the best. I really like them too!

3 Likes

post-rock/dark shoegaze

1 Like

Some prog… but, not too prog, really :smile:

Happy Friday!

3 Likes

@lee_editorial’s poster reminded me.

RIP Roger.

3 Likes

@howard I didn’t know Ranking Roger had passed. Saw them in college, fun band. Love their stuff.

1 Like

This band has been around quite a while… but I just discovered them a few days ago. Gotta love that Thunderbird bass!

2 Likes

Yeah, last March, sadly. I hadn’t thought about The Beat or General Public in a long time, but it still bummed me out.

Looks like Dave Wakeling is still touring though!

1 Like