"Share some good music" Friday

Thank you so much for posting this. Devo were a huge part of my growing up. I never got to see them live- damn shame.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I LOVE that track. This was a Rick Rubin produced album, right?

Also - my contribution this week:
Memphis Soul Stew from King Curtis ala 1971.
When Bernard Purdie comes inā€¦ I kinda lose my shit. So. Damn. Funky.

4 Likes

Nice! Sweaty stuff :grin:

If you dig this drummer (and I understand why), you might want to check out Billy Kilsonā€¦

3 Likes

RIP Andy Gill. He passed away this month, way too young.

2 Likes

yes. Iā€™m not a big fan of the production on this record, itā€™s waaaaay too compressed on the master in my opinion ! but the song (which is a cover by the way) is pretty cool, yeah :sunglasses:

1 Like

I really like Oathbreaker

they are from Belgium, just near France.

2 Likes

Their singer is fantastic and thatā€™s just a glorious wall of noise.

This comment wins :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh yeah

1 Like

yeah at this point itā€™s frankly post-metal :grin: even post-black-metal if we go in the details

3 Likes

Yeah maybe with a little post-hardcore thrown in. Sheā€™s great. They are all good but her vocals really stand out.

2 Likes

@joergkutter That was quite a performance. Their keyboard player was killing it.

1 Like

The amazing Jon Lord (RIP)!!

1 Like

Oh yeahā€¦ and this. Tim Curry goes big and sells it!

2 Likes

Cover of a rap tune? Hip hop tune? I donā€™t know any of the details, but it has so much vibe and attitude. It was the first ZZ Top track where I thought: ā€œI dig thisā€.

3 Likes

@howard I had never heard of Gang of Four. Cool bass line in that track.

1 Like

Itā€™s a rap tune. 25 Lighters by DJ DMD.

From Urban Dictionary:

25 lighters
This is where drug dealers take the cheap, plastic Bic lighters and take them apart. Wash them out and rig them to put crack and coke in them. They would fill them up and sell them individually like you would do in baggies, only when youā€™re holding a lighter it looks less suspicious than holding a bag or vile. They would just pass them off, hand to hand or someone would ask to borrow a lighter. Hence 25 lighters means someoneā€™s got 25 viles to sell, hence the ā€œGotā€™s to get paidā€ part.

4 Likes

I am sure this knowledge comes in handy one day :roll_eyes::crazy_face:

3 Likes

my 2 cents blast from the past

2 Likes

Nice! I love electro-industrial. Ever get in to Skinny Puppy?

2 Likes