"Share some good music" Friday

just realized that Blues Saraceno made a lot a dark country songs. I used to love one album he made with Transmission OK. that’s some kind of pop/rock fusion, sounds really good and this guy has really amazing fingers when he plays the guitar ! here is a good example :

sounds a bit dated but to me it still sounds pretty cool !

5 Likes

@joergkutter if you want to spend 3 minutes listening to Transmission OK, I would be interested to know what you think about it. might be some kind of bridge between your current band and what you really listen with all your heart :grin:

2 Likes

That’s not completely unlike Adrian Belew, actually.

… pretty much what I could play with my next band. some kind of sludgy post-hardcore with a female voice. yeah, that’s pretty much what I want to do.

… especially Fed Up which maybe has some kind of soft post-hardcore violence … soft violence … ? … yeah, why not :grin:

4 Likes

Go for it, a great goal :slight_smile: I will look forward to enjoying your adventure.

2 Likes

I like those guys.

1 Like

sure you do, my dear friend @howard :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not bad, @terb - I dig it. For me it has a bit of a RHCP vibe too… of course, with a different bass style.

What I play right now is not necessarily what I want to play eventually, but it is a great way to play with others and make music :smile:

And, by the way, I really like that Elder album! I really do!

1 Like

not what I would say, I’m not AT ALL a RHCP (or a Flea) fan. just not what triggers me. Frea is an incredible musician, for sure … but, no, it doesn’t work for me. too funk probably (not sure), too pop maybe (not sure either ; I’m fine with pop really), too … RHCP. no. just don’t work so well for me. I think it’s not related to Flea (incredible musician again) but to the whole RHCP thing, just not what I want to ear. the whole thing doesn’t work so well for me. Unpopular opinion, I know.

I know, my dear friend, and that’s why I wrote this comment :smile: (I’ve been in the exact same situation)

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to imply anything here, @terb - I am not an RHCP fan either, exactly… I just thought the song reminded me a bit of some Peppers songs… probably most likely from the “One Hot Minute” album, which has some quirky stuff on it. If you don’t know it, maybe you want to give it a try (just out of curiosity).

that’s fine @joergkutter, no problem at all or no RHCP-related drama :smile: (and yeah of course I listened to this album but, again, RHCP does not work so well for me)

very kim gordon… nice

1 Like

The great Leland Skylar talks about the recording of Sussudio with Phil Collins, and then actually plays it. If you get tired of him talking about the song, and want to see him actually play it, skip to 5:35.

Watch his thumb; it never moves from the anchor position just above the B string, but he seems to be using all the other 4 fingers. This is some amazing bass playing.

3 Likes

That’s a nice Dingwall too.

1 Like

Yeah my first comments about those guys to some friends were “This is kind of like if Sonic Youth had been more hardcore and less grunge.”

1 Like

HOORAY!! We’ve found the bridge!
The Elder album has been in constant rotation over here. I have lots of art work I’ve been painting and drawing recently, and that music has been non-stop keeping me going.
I’m genuinely so happy that @joergkutter - you’re into this record!

5 Likes

You make it sound like it was a chasm separating us… but, yeah, a bridge was probably required!

I like the varied sounds (in the guitars), the odd-meter riffs, the awesome use of synths (with gorgeous analog sounds) and that someone is actually singing (and not trying to regurgitate a fur ball :grin:)
And, it grows on you with repeated listens…

4 Likes
2 Likes

No, no - no chasm.
It’s just been a hot minute since we were all in the same room celebrating the same album. Feels good.

Yes - I agree on all points.
The melodic motion and dynamics and progressive bent to everything just keep yielding fruit and glorious listening rewards time after time.

5 Likes

don’t know what is it with this brand new album. not very catchy at first, but I just can’t stop playing it. sounds somewhat like doom metal with an industrial feel and even sometimes some djent accents. not very common.