"Share some good music" Friday

Gotta love modern bands with shamisen :slight_smile:

Sorry, that i am posting this today, cause today’s no friday - fully aware of that.
But this band is just so amazing and i’ve discovered them last friday. So let’s take that into account.

3 Likes

Not to worry, @cheshirrrrre - share any time!

Thanks for posting this - it is good to see that George Harrison is back in business :grin:

4 Likes

Me! Me! Me! :blush::blush::blush:

I like!

3 Likes

So here’s a drummer with monster chops who just released a new album (ah, sorry, not Sebastiaan): Gergo Borlai

He made nine new songs to pay hommage to nine drummers that influenced him most. For that he not only composed a track that this drummer could’ve/should’ve/would’ve played (hence the “Missing Song” title of the album), but he of course emulated the style of this drummer and tried to mimic the kit, cymbals, tom tuning, stick choice etc as much possible.

It’s a real fun album, especially if you are into fusion (Billy Cobham, Weather Report, Tribal Tech, 
) and Zappa (or both).

Here is “Gary” (emulating/honoring Gary Novak) with Alex Machacek channeling some Holdsworth for the guitar solo.

Oh, and apart from the drummer, there are awesome bass players involved as well
 Stuart Hamm, Jimmy Haslip, Hadrien Feraud, Gary Willis, Jimmy Earl, Anton Davidyants, 
 (if only I could find out exactly who is on which track
)

1 Like

ME TOOOOOOOOOO!
Thanks for the share homie!

1 Like

Not listened to this for years! Good bass line in it too

2 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome!

This reminds me of something that kind of bugged me for a while though. Charles is amazing on his own, but I really wish he would stop imitating Davie504’s video production style. He doesn’t need to, and while it works for Davie, I think it works less well for Charles.

I understand why he does it, but it is a little jarring for me, watching both of them.

3 Likes

Howard, I could not agree more. I love them both and for two very different reasons,and with Charles, it’s certainly not for comedic value. You’re right, he is funny, but I’d rather just see him amaze.

Now I need to find another video.

3 Likes

This is it
this is my ride home.

4 Likes

I love the original version of that song. Had not heard this. Thanks!

3 Likes

Enjoy :black_heart:

1 Like
2 Likes

Great share! They remind me of Metric with extra synth. Very cool song.

1 Like

Great debut album from one of my favorite bands.

2 Likes
5 Likes

OK, so I swa’d for a while, but nothing happened! What do I do now? :rofl:

2 Likes

That cover of Mad World is mad! Just so good.

4 Likes

I heard this the first time when I was about 18 or so, and it was the first time I consciously realized what a fretless can sound like and what it can do (here played by Rich Girard) - gorgeous stuff from the 80s:

2 Likes