"Share some good music" Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZxImsH5rOk

Aww yeah. More SB love. Apparently a SBV-550. Awesome looking bass.

Interesting history, @terb might be interested:

The bass player there is apparently famous for using them, much like Fumi from Polysics.

This band was before my time here and I’d missed them, just learned of them through that article. Cool sound, like them. Very '90s shoegazey dreampop.

Her current band has a similar sound.

And for anyone wondering if you’re starting bass too late… she’s 41.

2 Likes

Studio version from 22 years ago, where she has what looks like an original SB :slight_smile:

The cringey “talk show” guy at the start of that is an inside joke; he’s actually an American celebrity in Japan that’s been a TV personality since the '80s. He speaks absolutely perfect Japanese and so is really hamming it up there.

1 Like

yeah it looks like a 550 but with different pickups.

yes thank you, I already read this article, that’s interesting !

1 Like

Liking these guys a lot so far.

2 Likes

in the category know your instrument inside out

2 Likes

No need for blindfolds or acrobatics here (impressive though as they might be) - Rachel Flowers can’t see at all and has never “seen” a keyboard or sheet music:

1 Like

we manufacture equipment for blind and visually impaired, you’ll be amazed what they can, Stevie is one of our customers

2 Likes

yeah about C.Gonzales I shared really for the song and not for the acrobatics, even if it’s impressive and funny

2 Likes

Appetite For Destruction is one of my favorite albums of all times. easily in my Top 5.

4 Likes

Hi @terb,
Duff is a great player, we saw them in Melbourne last year at the MCG.
It an outdoor venue and the stadium is not really suited to concerts.
We saw U2 there about 20 years ago, and after that we said we would never do it again?
But we did, the music bounces of the stands and the sound is s&$t.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

sure he is. nothing is simple on AFD. + Duff made “popular” a japanese Fender which is kinda cool, even if I don’t see myself playing on such a bass.

1 Like

I was there too @TNKA36 !
Not the best venue at all but a good night.

1 Like

Hi @Mac,
We had restricted view and they did their best with additional speaker towers, but the G is the worst venue.
They were good at Calder except for the rip off for bottles of water.
We saw U2 at Waverley and the acuastics there were heaps better than the G.
When we saw U2 at the G the sound bounced back off the southern stand👎🏿
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

It’s funny how you focus more on the performance than on the music in such cases… :smile:

3 Likes

Hi @joergkutter,
Very impressed.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Yes, she is very inspiring, Brian! When I first saw one of her videos, it was from when she was perhaps 14 or so, and I thought “wow, this girl is good, she plays Emerson like it’s no big deal! Sure, she hits a few wrong ones every now and then, but great playing!” And then it slowly dawned on me that she was actually blind… it was a goosebump moment for sure!

4 Likes

Glad I found these guys, their first album is pure '90s indie.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes:
I was supposed to practice now, not listen to music :rofl:

3 Likes