Share Your Favorite Bass Lines!

Nice, hadn’t heard that one!

Submitted for your consideration - These Eyes by The Guess Who. Nothing fancy, but solid! Boost the bass EQ a little (or a lot!)

YouTube rip off the original vinyl

2 Likes

TUTU by Marcus Miller must get a consideration surely!. Particularly his St Emilion Jazz Festival performance with Tom Ibarra. As I’ve mentiond else where it only took the first 4 notes to inspire my ‘Pedal-in-a-Bass’ project.

7 Likes

Nice! I like that bass tone, so round.

Yep, love Marcus…what about his version of “I’ll Be There” off his Renaissance album.

1 Like

One of my favourite bass lines is super simple but it’s just so big, raw and dirty, ooosha…

Also along the simple-but-cool lines, this funky funky thing…

3 Likes

YES I love that.

3 Likes

YES.
Kasabian…? Great fuzzzz! I love fuzzy bass. Reminds me of Filter, from the 90s a bit.
And the James-Brownian funk jams from Abraham and the Metronomes is siiick.
I like these picks.

3 Likes

Hey man, nice choice…

4 Likes

Hi all, Here is one that is not so famous, but the bass line is so sweet. This band live is so uplifting, and bassist, Jamie Searl, I think is a main driver of the band. I hope you like this, and if so maybe check out their music in the usual places (iTunes, etc.) and they do the jam band festivals if you are into that. They make me happy!

3 Likes

Definitely one of my all time fave songs.

A funny thing, I had a favorite bass line for decades, but turns out it isn’t a bass guitar, it’s the great Bernie Worrell on moog or something. I met him once. He seemed like the sweetest man you could imagine.

2 Likes

Parliament = YESSSSSSSSS!
Totally counts for bass lines.

Giant Panda =
Sooooooo laid back. What a sweet groove!
Thanks for the shares.

2 Likes

I second this @Jill! Love that bass line, it still counts even though it’s a synth line. I feel the same way about the synth line on You Dropped A Bomb On Me:

3 Likes

Bass line that grabbed me today, Sneakin Sally Thru the Alley…supposedly by Robert Palmer, but it’s the Meters :heartbeat:

2 Likes

I mentioned this one to Josh on his youtube channel. Three notes! The true power of Jamerson.

3 Likes

YES I love this bass line! Sounds like 4 notes to me though, starts on that A natural leading tone, but then goes Bb Db Ab.

This is a cool all-bass cover of this tune -

3 Likes

One of my favorites is Low Rider by War. I just think it’s a fun bass line.

4 Likes

Hysteria by Chris Wolstenholme of Muse. Usually his biggest issue is cutting through the mix due to Matt Bellamy,s insanely overdriven mid range heavy guitar but not in this song. Also love playing chics good times line by bernard edwards. Very funky syncopation but just enough extra room in there to throw in an occasionl slide or bump de bump to make it your own (or make it sound bad lol)

2 Likes

Yes! Classic!

Love both of those!