Share Your Favorite Bass Lines!

Thank you! I do like that! To me, that’s the way a bass should sound.

One more from Carl Radle. From the same Clapton album. I especially like where he changes it up at about 2:54.

Fred

1 Like

I love it when people bring to my attention the great bass work that, until now, was buried behind whatever superstar/big name was on the album title. Thanks!

2 Likes

I really like the way he plays. It is melodic while it drives the song!

1 Like

Wow, love that playing! It’s cool to me how busy and melodic bass playing can be in that style.

Anything from Chris Squire.

2 Likes

From the time machine. Dale Peters from The James Gang album “James Gang Rides Again”. I’m posting a cover because I couldn’t find a good video of the group. And, besides, the cover focuses on the bass – and what else matters?

1 Like

I’ve have around 20 songs that I am working on since I joined the blues band as bass player.

ZZ Top’s Jesus Just Left Chicago and Joe Bonnamassa’s Drive are just two of my favorites.

2 Likes

That ZZ Top Groove. Dannnnnng. That’s a harder bass line to play than all that weedly weedly weedly stuff. I love it.
That’s going to be my new bass practice every morning. Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Here is another one Gio. Check this out:

Just figured out the bass arpeggios for THE WORLD I KNOW by Collective Soul. Cool song.

2 Likes

The ZZ Top - Jesus Just Left Chicago - has a cool turnaround too.

And - in the live version - Michael Brecker as well!! Awesome stuff!

1 Like

Lots of good stuff here… Has anyone mentioned the iconic chordal motive from Stanley Clarke’s “School Days” yet??

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I love that one!

I don’t think so! So good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best part of this jam - post-solos, when the guitar comes in and doubles the bass, and the drums go to 1/4s on the china!!! 100% Proto-Toast-Machine

1 Like

Barry Adamson of Magazine playing “Model Worker” on a giant slab of a bass - an Ovation Magnum!

2 Likes

That singer looks a little like Ned Schneibly from School of Rock… :slight_smile:

Since that instructor had introduced this song with me, so I want to share this in here. The rhythm is simple but I guess it is a point to follow. I guess I can start practicing some more rhythmic song in this joining and I also hope I can get more musical senses in here.

1 Like

Today, I am lucky to see this in YouTube.And this video is telling there is a bass groove and a drum groove.

2 Likes