Short Love

There needs to be a larger heart available for when you need to really love a comment.

8 Likes

No one that cute should be such a Badass on Bass! She is amazing.

3 Likes

thanx to @MikeC for this nice find

“Rare handmade Rob Allen Mouse 30” fretless bass. This little bass plays and sounds fantastic. Its smaller, lighter weight body makes it comfortable to play for hours and the neck has a really nice feel. The Rob Allen Mouse short scale bass is packed with tone despite its smaller, more comfortable design and it sounds amazing. The Fishman electronics have an upright bass type of sound in a much smaller package."

5 Likes

limited edition MIJ mustang, very cool

4 Likes

Very nice. Love the MiJ tuners on the Mustang.

1 Like

Al’s latest, amazing :star_struck:

4 Likes

It’s just gorgeous, tiny and adorbs.

1 Like

I decided to start my bass journey with a Gretsch G2220 bass, in shell pink. Mostly because I read good things about it, liked the look of it, and so far, love the thing. Of course I have gear lust for more basses, but that will have to wait until I can play, and know how I want to play and what sounds I want (all of them of course).

FWIW it seems well made to me, and also to guitar collecting friend.

6 Likes

Congrats. I planned to start B2B with that little Gretsch. But it didn’t work for me, for a few reasons. Still, it’s a killer deal for those it fits.

3 Likes

That is the same one I did B2B with, and even after buying several other basses, it’s still my favorite. I hope you love it too.

3 Likes

So back in June I managed to try out a Fender Player Mustang. Loved it. I didn’t do much other than play some scales and some lines I remembered from B2B, but I hadn’t had that much fun doing so on my full length basses. It just felt so good. I really wanted to buy it, but at the time I couldn’t really justify paying close to $1000 after taxes and such, so for now, I’ve settled on one of the Sonic Broncos. I’ve heard they’re a bit on the weaker side, but I figured after a while (and if I work up the courage to do so), I might invest in some upgrades.

TLDR: I bought a Squier Sonic Bronco and it should be here Monday, and I’m very excited to have a short scale.

3 Likes

Bronco’s are a great platform for modding. I thought about getting one and putting in a gold foil pickup. Nice choice!

2 Likes

I have never done any kind of modding before. It kind of scares me. But at the price point of the Bronco, if I ever decide to try a mod of some sort, most likely a pickup change, there’s not much harm done if I royally screw something up haha

2 Likes

I watched some of the yearly annual review videos by bass YT creators, and one of them picked the Sonic series as one of his top 3 best of the year. Reason? Not much harm done with the mod on such an inexpensive bass. And they sound good.

I wanted the gold foil pickup (from Curtis Novak) because I liked the idea and looks of the Fender gold foil bass but it was such a train wreck in terms of quality (people call it the tin foil bass) and the fact with that pickup no routing would be needed, maybe some holes drilled. Which I could do :smile:

But yeah, a lot easier to drill holes in a $200 bass than a $1500 bass

2 Likes

Well, my Bronco bass is here. Thank you Sweetwater for having a facility in my state that allowed it to be delivered within 48 hours of purchase lol. I’ve spent the last twenty minutes or so just noodling around with it, which is probably not the best habit, but I am having fun! I think now it’s time to run through all the early modules of B2B again to really break it in.

4 Likes

what’s at NAMM? well, there’s this valiant 27" :star_struck:

6 Likes

I miss the NAMM Show. Lots of great memories there.

2 Likes

Anyone have a danelectro? This little guy looks fun and would be great if I ever get in a nofx cover band

5 Likes

I owned a Danelectro Longhorn. It was a punchy, thumping monster all my bandmates loved.

It was super-light and easy to play.

5 Likes

the official post NAMM announcement, looking good :+1:

3 Likes