Short Love

I considered a short scale bass when I was shopping, because I’m short and have small fingers, but once I started playing, I also discovered I have a hard time playing too close to my body, so it’s kind of a mixed bag.

6 Likes

I think most people go through a “my hands are too small! I need a shortie!” phase when in reality it’s a myth. Most people that stick with it do fine on a long scale.

6 Likes

i play both. curious to see which one will become the number one. my full scale bongo is a much better bass, but I have a feeling I will wind up grabbing the ss stingray, it’s just much easier to play for me.

3 Likes

very les pauly

4 Likes

Just got baby bear :rofl:

9 Likes
5 Likes

I own a Squier modified short scale bass. It’s a PJ bass configuration. I find that the J pickup is rather weak. But, with both pickups I enjoy the tone. Right now, I’m looking into the Squier Mustang bass. The Gretsch G2220 Short scale is also a nice bass worth looking into.
Cheers

4 Likes

@shulmeal54 I replaced the PJ pickups in my Ibanez short scale with a set of Dimarzio DP126 pickups and I really like them.

2 Likes

I have a Gretsch Electromatic Junior Jet short scale and have found it to be a well-made, solid, great little sounding bass for a great price. I had the control box lined with copper tape to reduce system static noise and that improved the sound that much more. I absolutely recommend looking into it.

7 Likes

Welcome, @RA!

4 Likes

Thank you! Glad to be a part of the various forums!

5 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/gsrm20_03.html

5 Likes

I’ll be building a 25" scale 4-string cigar box bass sometime in the next few months. I’ll keep ya posted. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As a newbie with shoulder problems I purchased a Gretsch which has been me with through B2B - Electromatic Collection :: G2220 Electromatic® Junior Jet™ Bass II Short-Scale, Torino Green

My one an only bass … do they get lonely? Do I need another one to keep it company?

3 Likes

This is arriving next week (hopefully) and I will find out if it was the bass that was the issues…or me :slight_smile:

Graeme

3 Likes

Just got my Ibanez GSRM20 yesterday. It’s a really fun little bass. Need to adjust the pickup height, and maybe replace the plastic knobs with metal. Other than that, she’s a beauty! And I got her for $50 off the already affordable price at my local shop!
I cal her my “Little Red Riding Bass”.

12 Likes

Ooh, I love the color!

3 Likes

She is definitely pretty!

2 Likes

I really want to see that, be sure to post back.

2 Likes