Short scale basses

@JeffDever: those basses seem to be very sought after, and also the company has some problems following up on this demand, so just be aware that there is a significant wait time for most Chowny basses at the moment.

2 Likes

New short scale from Ibanez

5 Likes

They look nice! some excellent features.

2 Likes

30" neck. Nice find :+1:

1 Like

In the spirit of equal time, I give you… Lonnggg scale bass?

2 Likes

4 limited run shortys from my favorite guys. Swoon.

https://shop.music-man.com/instruments.html?instrument_type=5465

2 Likes

Please call your buddies and get them to make a Sterling Bongo for about $500.

2 Likes

The bongo was actually designed by MM and BMW. Not sure if they would allow it :thinking:

3 Likes

I like Stingrays a lot but I am not super tempted by them compared to a couple other basses. A Bongo in that price range would be actually tempting though :slight_smile:

A $500 Bongo would put used ones at around $300, at which point, dammmmmnnnnnn…

2 Likes

One of the most polarizing basses on earth, love em or hate em.

Bongoloids forever :fist:

2 Likes

:fist:

Anyone that hates this can not come to my party

2 Likes

Anyone ever try /own a Nordstrand?

3 Likes

No, just heard their pick ups in reviews.
Probably pretty good I would bet.

1 Like

Yeah, they make quality stuff. Their bass pedals are also top-notch, but they are all hand-made so they have supply issues.

The retail price on that bass is $900 though, so it should be good to justify that price tag. :slight_smile:

They have other colors too. Here’s the main page:

1 Like

I kind of like everything about that bass, but most notably the reverse Stingray Headstock tuner config. It looks cool, is not a direct rip off, and the lolipop tuner keys are pretty cool

I like Dakota Red, obviously, it has orange trim, I wonder if the whole back is orange as well.

The headstock design is for looks and function. They have a blog about the bass that goes into why they made some decisions on the bass. The headstock is one of them.

Carey loves a design challenge, and while the Panther’s sound and look beguiled him, its construction had all the ’60s Italian touches that fanboys endearingly call “quirky” but that luthiers call “wrong.” Most problematic was the Goya’s headstock design, which allowed the G string to actually rub the D -string tuning post. Carey’s solution was an unusual 1over 3 headstock that echoed the original design but allowed for perfectly straight string pull.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand the balance and string alignment behind tuner key placements, and I like the Odd number ones, or the staggered 2 + 2, and I am not. a huge fan of single side, but that said, I don’t hate them.
Still, I love this headstock.

It’s funny, because I’m kinda the opposite, but probably from my Fender affixation. I like all on one side or a symmetrical 2+2. My brain struggles with 1+3, on either side. I guess this is why they make lots of different styles. Because we all have different tastes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Normalcy.

Sooooooo

anything that is ODD, works well with me. LOL, I must admit, I am a little Cuckoo, and tend to go against the grain, and not follow the norm, etc…

2 Likes

That’s strange. I hadn’t picked up on that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it’s great to be different. Imagine a world where we are all the same. How boring would that be? It would lack so much in creativity and progression too.

3 Likes