Just got done doing the setup on my Ibanez miKro GSRM-20 Short Scale.
I love this little beauty. As with any new instrument, I did a full setup, cleaning after a quick bit of playing.
There were some issues with this one.
- Cheap plastic “chrome” knobs
- Pots were not tightened
- The relief was epically off
- Major chatter on the E string
- String height was about 1/2 what it needed to be
- Intonation was nowhere close
- The pickups were ridiculously high
I considered taking it back to the shop and getting an exchange or a refund. But then figured what the heck, I’m only into it for $150. So, I did a full setup, tightened things down, and changed those cheapo knobs. So, an hours worth of work and $10 for the knobs, plus a wait for the truss adjustment to settle a touch…
I love this little beast. Good grief Ibanez! The tones I can get are excellent!
So, tell me your short scale experiences and any setup tricks you have discovered!