Should I shoot my new bass? (Modding the Harley Benton MV-4MSB)

True, but by skipping a week of StarBucks you can easily cover that, heck skipping a month you can get another bass altogether. My Frappuccino cost $7.70. :rofl:

you are not man enough for public display of PINK? :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha! In Europe we have proper coffee - no need to go to half-@ssed Starbucks…

Don’t tell anybody … but: NO! :slight_smile:
Also, I like to go very stealthy when being among people. I am a child of the 80s and keep to the dark, much like a vampire ^^

1 Like

That’s what I do

If this is mustang like, there is a channel between the switch and the other pots, and plenty of room to tuck in a battery under the pickguard. Check it out, you might prefer the EMG active pickups, I know I do

Geezer pickups are fine, they do one thing and they do it very well. The DiMarzios are more versatile. Maybe Geezer’s all you need. The EMG X pickups are pretty sweet too, like a P4x I believe.

If you look at around the 6:00 mark the guy made a bushing out of a sharpie.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not a bushing for a tuner. The tuner should be well connected to the headstock, so it does not change tuning or have other side effects,

In my opinion, this custom bushing should work, but I’m looking for arguments against (and for) it…

Sorry, missed that in trying to catch up. Someone must make a bushing

1 Like

@Al1885 , why don’t you remove the sticker ? it looks like the bass is still in a shop :joy:

2 Likes

On zzee zzeerrmaaann “bassic.de” forum someone suggested shrink tubing instead of a metal bushing. That would be a quick and easy solution.

I have a bad feeling, as I think that maximum contact between tuner and headstock is only guaranteed with wood or metal!?

Several of my basses still have plastic sheet cover on the tuners an two still have their tags on😂

1 Like

whyyyyyyy ?

2 Likes

No reason. When I sell them the buyer can remove them. My basses have very very low hours :joy:

I play the Mustang the most I’m hoping that the satin finish will wear but I doubt that I play enough lol.

1 Like

Too highbrow, I imagine that’s why that career didn’t work out for you.

2 Likes

I think the key to not minding this is coming from friction fit ebony tuning pegs. Everything seems pretty easy with geared tuners to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, and for a few other key reasons. :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

You could have used Magic Mike though

3 Likes

Maybe @Moonshine can help me?

I was thinking of cutting one of these aluminium tubes to size for custom bushings:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0B713DB5W

2 Likes

On a 70’s Jazz Bass I had to replace the tuning machines, and I needed to reduce the diameter of the holes in the headstock to make the new tuners fit. I glued some layers of veneer wood (0.6 mm thick I think) until I got the right diameter. It was easy to do and it worked perfectly well.

2 Likes

I ran Massive Mike up the flagpole, but nobody saluted.

Short-lived dream. :pensive:

4 Likes

Not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

Maybe we can get Josh to add you a nickname of Massive Mike

2 Likes

Yeah, baby!!! :man_dancing:

2 Likes

One strange thing: according to Thomann, this bass should have Daddario EXL170S strings. These should have coloured ball ends, right?

My strings have gold ball ends. WTF?

1 Like