Should we have a chat server?

Happy to help. Here are the channels that we had which seemed to work pretty well after some trial and error. However, you can let channels grow organically from a smaller list. The bot ones and jukebox were for playing music from YouTube using a Discord bot. That was fun, but certainly not essential. I’m on the new one now, so if you need any help just shout.

4 Likes

Sweet!

We need the bots back though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

YAY BOTS!

Ok I’ve loaded up Jukebox 1 with about a half hour of punk. Don’t worry, it’s all very accessible, kind of intro level punk. If you’re curious about some great music from the genre that you may actually like, now is the time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That was fun, had one other person in there for a while.

Might load up some trance or deep house now. Kind of the anti-punk (while still being interesting :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Thanks DJ Howard. I couldn’t deal with the punk when I had woken up at 1:30AM … even Level 1 punk… :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you should schedule a regular slot for your DJ’ing.

2 Likes

hmm that implies responsibility on my part :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look man… I’m trying to help you quit your job and become a professional DJ. It’s not just going to be handed to you on a platter. :rofl:

5 Likes

For those that have no idea what Discord is, but are curious, here’s a 2 min summary video.

4 Likes

Don’t be shy! Come on by and say hello!

3 Likes

Can someone briefly explain to me how this jukebox bot thingy works? I seem to understand that you can make it search music by giving commands, but then what? Is it played in a voice channel live then?

4 Likes

Yeah. You join one of the voice channels, then issue GroovyBot commands in a different channel.

2 Likes

2.5 hrs of deadmau5 going in jukebox 1 now in fact :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, ok. I will try it next time DJ howard is on :wink:

3 Likes

Ha, cool! Got it!

3 Likes

So Discord really doesn’t like me. I got locked out because silly me removed my phone number from my profile and now I can’t log in anymore. Will see if this will somehow be resolved. :pensive:

Ouch, that’s no good. Not heard of that before. Hopefully it gets resolved soon so you can join back into the fun.

1 Like

You should be able to log in with just your email address and password, no? At least on the website and the desktop client email address seems to be an alternative id method. Though I suppose you would have noticed that, if it was so simple. Or did you set up two-factor authentication?

Anyway, hope their support can help you, if nothing else!

(Edited for clarity)

1 Like

Haha! Love this idea, see you on Discord. It’s a nice place to hangout, if you have different servers going, with your different interests too. Thanks for starting it up guys!

4 Likes

got about 30 mins of electroindustrial going in jukebox1 if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

1 Like

I seem to be a very suspect character, they forced me to use two-factor id. I’m on a time-out now so will have to wait until that is over. But they can’t say how long that’s gonna last because “the system” decides. And if I “overdo” it with login attempts, I will be completely blocked. :roll_eyes: