Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I may do that. I put on TI Flats and it sounds much better, but you can still hear your fingers sliding across the strings. Which you wouldn’t hear in a mix

I put the TIs on and it sounds much better. The Quarter Pound sounds more modern than my D5. Reminds me of a Model P pickup. I can do a lot of things with this.

5 Likes

If you’re ever renewing your will at any point I’d like The Green Stingray. No pressure, just when you get round to doing the paperwork :wink:

13 Likes

Oooh, oooh! As long as we’re putting in requests: I’d like the Candy Apple Red Aerodyne, left-handed model, uhhhh, wait. . . . oh shucks.
Darn. :wink: Must’ve been my imagination!

9 Likes

E-Groover or Gretsch for me please :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Came here for this.

4 Likes

…dude.

Fantastic looking instrument. Maybe it’s the picture but… is she short-scale?

That is super cool looking. I never knew those were a “thing”. Now I kinda want one. :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks, @JustTim. The EBMM Cutlass Modern Classic is rare. In the extremely infrequent event one ever pops up for sale, it’s gone in a heartbeat.

They were made for a few years but are discontinued now because they were a few hundred dollars more than a Fender P.

Notwithstanding, the Cutlass is a tremendous beast - some of the very best EBMM has ever made.

The fit and finish are typically excellent. The neck is not P chunky; it is EBMM sublime: smooth as silk, but thinner/narrower than a StingRay.

The pup is ballsy as hell: a true cross between a Ray and a P. Dial the tone back a tad and it’s classic P all day long.

6 Likes

Nope, she’s 34".

I am btw taking my own advice. I’m committing to her to get super comfortable with her.

6 Likes

They are the Forever bass or one that you can sell in a pinch.

Think P bass and Pj bass on steroids when it comes to tones. I love mine.

4 Likes

There ain’t a pinch severe enough to ever have that happen. :laughing:

I have several internal organs and limbs I would part with first before I’d sell my Cutlass.

3 Likes

Well that’s true. We have a pair of almost every thing internally.

Speaking of forever bass this will be my next forever bass

11 Likes

What the whut???

Is that another Eastern European Al creation in the works?

5 Likes

Posted this in another thread but figured here is appropriate as well.

Left to right: Spector NS Dimension, Fender Jazz, Fender Stratocaster

14 Likes

No actually this one is crafted in USA by Guns’N’Guitars, Dan Thompson. Check out his YouTube channel.

4 Likes

I thought so!
He likes to make the pickguards out of wood!
He did a great job in mine.

12 Likes

Please tell me this is getting a black and orange 3 ply pickguard!

5 Likes

Actually it would be all natural. Kinda nice to contrast the rest and it makes the laser printed BassBuzz logo pops.

5 Likes

[Post number 9999] Looks like this thread is entering it’s final hours… So much joys, GAS and everything in here :smiling_face_with_tear:

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 16-25-07 BassBuzz Forum

7 Likes

Not my bass but I thought it might be fitting for the 10K post. It’s in the Bass Buzz color theme but the price and lack of return policy is holding me back!

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Show Us Your Basses (Part 2).