Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from Show Us Your Basses (Part 1) - #10046 by cheeze_pizza.

Previous discussions:

5 Likes

Just started playing bass. I figured I couldn’t go wrong with this Yamaha TRBX174. The price of $220 made it an easy decision.

32 Likes

Excellent looking bass @walshwerks2020 !

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to tell us more about yourself over in the Introduce Yourself! (2023) thread.

:smiley:

7 Likes

What brand is that @cheeze_pizza? I like orange basses…

13 Likes

I’d guess a Wisconsin Extra Sharp. :joy:

14 Likes

It’s a Fender build! @AnotherJosh

Here is the Reverb listing: Custom Fender Jaguar PJ Bass with Roasted Maple Precision | Reverb

4 Likes

#4. When will it end? Was looking for a P-Bass and had one picked out that was on sale, but I kept picking this thing up and it didn’t hurt that it was pretty inexpensive. I like the color and I really like it when the headstock matches. Anyway, the sound out of this thing is different than one of the other P-Basses. A little more bite or something, plus the neck feels better to me too. I did the initial setup myself. I think some fret work needs to be done on it so I’ll let a pro handle that. Only one problem with this bass is that there is some awful noise coming from it so I’ll be opening it up this weekend and having a look. I suspect that a grounding wire isn’t attached somewhere. I’ve also ordered some copper shielding tape and having a go at that this weekend. The noise goes away when you touch anything so thats a big clue. Anyway, I love this bass. I wonder what #5 will be?

24 Likes

:rofl:

9 Likes

I absolutely love that color and the matching headstock is just the right touch. I played one like that at the Pinesville GC over the weekend and really enjoyed it.

8 Likes

There is nothing better than Wisconsin cheddar…

7 Likes

I didn’t think it was Fender because the the pups and control plate, someone definitely gave that bass some love

7 Likes

“End”? I don’t even know what that word means in this context.

9 Likes

Nice bass. My son has the matching Player Jaguar guitar

4 Likes

And a great decision! Really nice first bass, I started on the older RBX170 :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Man, don’t get me started on tonecheese. :cheese:

8 Likes

I find that Mozzarella imparts a soft yet smooth tone… :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

True.

But I shy away from Havarti for the bass body. Prone to dings.

On Italian basses, I prefer Parmigiano Reggiano. It is brittle, but I dig its crisp percussiveness.

4 Likes

I think Roger Waters uses worm cheese

6 Likes

Still waiting for the dinner invite…

5 Likes

This really belongs in the Show Us Your Cheese thread :thinking:

6 Likes