Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Welcome back @booker_t !

Those Fodera’s are beautiful!

5 Likes

Hi,

I didn’t post any pic yet of my trusty Gretsch G2220 in imperial stain, it’s a really good bass for the price, plays really well and smooth. My luthier set the lowest action possible for flats (if I wanted to put rounds on it I’ll have to raise it a bit). I like the very mellow sound of it :slight_smile:

As I’ve just acquired a new bass, let’s post them together. The pink panther is a Fender Affinity Jaguar H crafted in Indonesia (these basses are usually made in China but the 2 models with matching headstock are from Indonesia).

The Gretsch is a 30’’ and the Jaguar a 32’’ scale. I have Ghs nickel flatwounds on the Gretsch and D’Addario EXL roundwounds on the pink panther.

The Fender needs a proper setup though, it plays fine for a factory setup but the intonation and action need adjusting. I’ll bring it to the luthier in a month, I may ask him about changing the default bridge or not.

19 Likes

I need to take the time to get my collection in one spot and take a picture…not easy with 14 basses though…

7 Likes

First world problems :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

what a sweet setup :+1:

5 Likes

also a sweet setup, but no surprise from me saying it…

pop over to our short scale thread anytime

5 Likes

That got out of hand very quickly :joy:

4 Likes

Lol yes it did and im looking at getting another. Gives me an incentive to buy another rack

5 Likes

Bass player logic :joy:

5 Likes

I was correct, in this case Option 50 was for the KRG block inlays :smiley:

4 Likes

dun dun dahhhhhh
I bought another bass and I’ll post pictures of it later…it’s one I’ve wanted for a while and someone actually lowered the price to $400, $50 off the asking price. The kicker for me is that I didn’t need it shipped and saved $40 on that…it was literally located an hour away, so I drove to Moline to pick it up. Because I had bought it on eBay, I had already paid the shipping and then noticed “hey it’s in Rock Island!” When I got there, they “refunded” the $40 shipping…the real kicker is that it didn’t come with a case, so they offered me the deluxe hard case for that $40. More later :wink:

7 Likes

So… essentially, you’re making money on this deal?:crazy_face:

5 Likes

Hehe “saved” is more like it. The case is epic and HUGE with a bit of fraying around the edges but it’s something I can fix. The guitar itself is in great condition and the guy who sold it to me is a luthier and set it up before I arrived. Considering it was a hard case I’m surprised I didn’t have to pay anything more.

5 Likes

Congrats. Sounds like you scored all the way around. :+1:

5 Likes

Sometimes things work the way they’re supposed to. Happy for you.

6 Likes

This very well might be the biggest bass I have

19 Likes

Nice. @Ed has one of these, no?

6 Likes

Congratulations @athosmr2003
Looks like a great bass

5 Likes

Oh yeah but in black with chromed pickups and the old-style bridge. I really wanted the tobacco sunburst but the black spoke to me from the shop as I passed by :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice @athosmr2003 - love the burst :ok_hand: :ok_hand: ! I think this may be an older version than mine…

Now you’ll need a good strap :slight_smile:

5 Likes