Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Congrats! I hope you love it as much as I love my white on white!

4 Likes

That looks like a awesome room cave I tried to replicate mine.

10 Likes

I finally got my blackie, The bassist from the band I was soundy for showed me this bass and I got play it and I fell in love with it and each gig I would play with it and then I got message would I like it and of course I had to think about it before I said yes. Ok I was saying yes as I grabbed my keys and was driving there.

21 Likes

@papkerry oooh what beauty. I’m all about a black bass, can’t bring myself to love another colour as much as black.

4 Likes

That Surf blue/green talman has always appealed to me. Really don’t need another cheap bass, but…

2 Likes

Thanks. That was my project bass. It was originally a horrible off white but I refinished it.

6 Likes

I’ve been eyeballing a black 5 string version. Would be a fun test bed to just mod everything on it.

3 Likes

At the recommendation of Your Trusty Bass Teacher, I went with the Yamaha TRBX304. It’s quite a nice looking instrument. The main thing is to play it well and then I can consider another one. Maybe a J-Bass next time?

19 Likes

Excellent choice, I loved mine.

5 Likes

I love that headstock shape, my bass has the same, that and the long scale neck makes it look really slender and slick. Nice color too.

Also, I took this picture today and I like it so much that I have to share it

12 Likes

Thinking about your second bass right after buying your first one? I think you’ll fit in here just fine

10 Likes

Very nice @ejwong !

7 Likes

Yes, I don’t think I can live with just one.

4 Likes

Not many can, in fact, I can’t think of one person on this whole forum who has just one, except those like you who just got their first bass.

I would recommend checking out the Sterling Ray4 (Stingrays).
It’s hard to find better bang for your buck, and the affordable price makes it perfect for beginners.
Don’t let that fool you tho, cuz they can stand up with the best of them, and last a lifetime as well.

6 Likes

I could reduce to one, but I choose not to for now out of strong attachment to the two I have. I really love them both. I actually have negative GAS at the moment for basses though; the thought of buying another one actually sounds unpleasant at the moment. (Though I am actually kind of GASsing for guitar now).

I had never thought I would sell my TRBX604 either - I loved it too and got great mileage out of it, but after the fact I am glad to be down to two.

Having been through seven basses now, I’ve kind of settled on the two I have liked the most. Feels weird having no humbuckers though - but I am making up for that with guitars :rofl:

6 Likes

No humbuckers? :pleading_face:

4 Likes

IKR? That was hard. Down to a P and a P/J now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only bass in consideration right now is a Fender Marcus Miller.

It is based on the 75 Fender design that @Mac has and @Al1885 loves so much.
And although one of those would be great, I want to try out the MM first, as it is much less than a 75 Fender and gives you much more, but want to try before I buy this one.

I am in zero hurry though, as I have no more rack space for this and have nothing I want to get rid of to make room. Just something to ponder.

9 Likes

Sexy

5 Likes

What more do you really need?

5 Likes