Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

The “guy who sold it” was a woman, younger than I but older than you, who had bought it for her teenage son when he expressed an interest in playing the bass… and then abandoned it within an hour.
Judging from their home and interior, whatever she got for it probably meant next to nothing for her. I told her I felt like I was getting too good a deal and felt a bit guilty about that, but she stressed that I shouldn’t.
:smiley:

Yes, that is exactly what I thought when I suddenly realised it yesterday.

2 Likes

Meanwhile I look at my BeatBuddy and wonder “why can’t you be more like 3 basses and a keyboard”

5 Likes

ROFL!

4 Likes

good to see more rats around here :grinning:

3 Likes

how do those sound?

2 Likes

i worked at a bar that had a music video service that bars could buy. first time i heard of them with the love is a bullet vid. still remember that tbird bass. great song. great band.

2 Likes

Mine is a Jackson Concert Bass JS3

14 Likes

I think they sounds pretty bright, but I wouldn’t say I’m the best at markedly describing the differences of various strings. They’re nickel plated steel round wounds, and would say “they have that sound”. Just noticed on their site, they have some sound samples of their various strings, which is pretty neat! (Bass strings section is below the Electric strings section) https://www.drstrings.com/sound-samples

3 Likes

I’m all for an infestation :grinning:

3 Likes

I don’t have FB. Something tells me that’s a good thing🤔

Pretty sure they do.

2 Likes

Do you still fancy a 90’s Carvin bass?

3 Likes

No…

Yes…

No…

Yes…yes…

Maybe?

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find any. I had only ever looked at places to buy, but don’t see it on their site. I should tell them there’s high demand of at least one set of purple. :rofl:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @kmock30,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

CARVIN LB75 Rare 1996’ish
$699
Listed a week ago in Lenexa, KS

“Carvin LB75 5 String Electric bass! Quilted Maple Neck through Ebony Fretboard. Dual Single Coil Active/Passive “Jazz” Style Bass Guitar! Incredible sounding and easy playing Bass. Needs Pre-amp replaced or plays exceptionally well as is in passive mode. Comes with Hard shell Carvin Case. WIll consider Trade for Ibanez Six String Electric guitar. Like this one. Ibanez AR325QADBS Quilted Ash Electric Guitar”

Seems to be missing some knobs. That’s probably the preamp missing.

5 Likes

Fueling MBD :sweat_smile:
Seems to be looking pretty good still.

4 Likes

I know. Just topping up the GAS here.
I seem to remember @T_dub wanted one pretty badly.

3 Likes

I used to repair a 90’s out of order Carvin preamp. it was pretty easy, I just had to change the electrolytic capacitors and it worked like a charm after that.

but it won’t fix that anyway :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

My bad, They look purple in the Amazon ad, but when I read it, it said pink.

Yeah, I am sure they could sell purple strings, maybe more then pink.

1 Like

Oh good. Doesn’t fit the description of what I am looking for.

It is very very nice. Not my first choice in color / design, but I would have interest if it was what I am looking for.

3 Likes