Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Hi @Fahri,
How dare you take 2 weeks to share pics of the new love in your life​:joy::joy:
It looks awesome.
Hope you love playing it for years to come
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

I couldn’t call it mine just because I paid for it! Had to “bond” with it first!

6 Likes

Beautiful bass guitar :star_struck:

5 Likes

Stunning bass @Fahri
I must stop looking at this thread ! :flushed:

7 Likes

I hope you got more for it than I paid for mine. :smiley: (20 euros)

That Artisan is stunning! :heart:

7 Likes

€20 for any functional bass is pure bargain :smiley: Here the Cort Action PJ 4 sells for €170 and a second hand at Lucky Music was going for €130 but they were paying me €50-60 for mine.

I put up an ad. for €95 threw in the super basic bag,strap and clip on tuner (which all of them arrived with this bass) and it got sold in 1 week.

The guy said that he will use it for backing tracks when he records his guitar… :smiley:

4 Likes

Nooo… :scream:
:rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah… I’m not sure how I do that.
I just realised that, on this wall

… you see 180 euros of otherworldly purchasing power. Yes, one hundred and eighty euros is what I paid for a Samick Gregg Bennett Jazz, a Cort Action PJ and a Yamaha TRBX-304 in total.

I only became aware of the utter silliness of this just now.

8 Likes

Does that include the keyboard :joy: :joy: @peterhuppertz.

4 Likes

The cheapest used TBRX-304 I could find was €200 after a quick search and definitely not in this condition…

Every time you post picture of your basses on that wall, I mean to ask you about the air conditioner right on top of them… Wouldn’t it create some issues on quick temperature changes (if not extreme) and maybe something to do with humidity?

4 Likes

180 euros!!!
Bargains for sure. I can’t find anything close to that equivalent money for one bass over here

4 Likes

@peterhuppertz Nope, just showing what found here locally

4 Likes

No, if I include the keyboard, the amount rises to a whopping 190 euros. :laughing:

5 Likes

No. Believe it or not, they are in the best place possible, because the aircon spits out its air pretty much horizontally. So when the basses do get cold air, it’s because it circulates, and I generally keep the aircon 5 degrees below outside temperature.

This one was up for sale last week, and the highest offer stood at 75 euros. I put in an offer for 100 euros and went to sleep knowing I’d be outbid.
It is now on my wall.
I’m as stunned as the next guy…

3 Likes

I feel a little bit sorry for the guy who sold it.
Still unbelievable that all of that is just 190€
Crazy.

3 Likes

Concrete Blonde, yesssssssss.

3 Likes

Hi @Alzbeta,
Seen the blonde twice,
Once at Henry Fonda theatre in LA
And then at the palace in Melbourne
Johnette is awesome :+1:
They are so underrated.
I have every album and have a lot of their stuff charted.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

On the bus today I met the Queen of LA
At least she said she was
Who am I to say?

(love that song)

4 Likes

Hey Brian! I have seen Johnette solo two or three times, and mayyybe full-ish CB once. Been a fan since the 80s but I was in a small town then and hardly saw any shows.

5 Likes

I’m still in Hollywood @howard
:+1:

5 Likes