Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Figured it would be cheaper to change the pick guard than buy a whole new bass :rofl:

Just some green strings away from my low key Joker bass :clown_face:

9 Likes

Now that’s a colorful bass you got there :wink:
And interesting username you’ve got. Reminds me of…

4 Likes

Ohhhh!!! I want.

Love it.

Are those orange strings on it now?
I will take them off your hands when you go green. @Alterationx10. :crazy_face:

Although, alternating green and orange strings could be sick.

Dont sue me if I ever copy it.

3 Likes

That’s actually where I took my username from!

3 Likes

Yup! Those are the DR NEONs I like so much. If only they had purple strings, then I might have gotten an emerald green pick guard.

3 Likes

beautiful!!

3 Likes

I just got a black n white p bass American professional model then a cheap Jackson and a cheap Ibanez I want more p’s

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @dcsidpa,
Lovely looking bass.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

I want to learn how to do it right. I have linked up with a professional player who does his own setups and is willing to teach me. However, this COVID-19 has him a bit spooked. He’s probably approaching upper 70s so he is very vulnerable. I have done minor truss rod adjustments a bit and intonation, but not bridge height.

5 Likes

Bridge height is easy.
It comes before intonation, but after truss rod adjustments.

What is involved?
After you’ve adjusted the truss rod to your satisfaction, tune your bass. Now, play each string, on all frets, holding the bass like you would when you play it.
If, on any particular fret, there is more buzz than you like, turn the saddle adjustment bolts for that string a quarter turn up (clockwise).
If there is no buzz, turn it down a quarter turn (counterclockwise). Try again, repeat until there is buzz, then go a quarter turn up on both saddle adjustment bolts.
Repeat for each string.

There… done. Piece of cake. It’s by far the easiest part of the setup.

4 Likes

Strings under full tension?

3 Likes

Yes :

4 Likes

I would recommend detuning the string before raising the saddle as it is easier on the saddle screws, and then retuning. Lowering the saddle is fine under tension.

4 Likes

@T_dub Redirecting...

3 Likes

Oh WOW :star_struck:

2 Likes

Oh man… I think you’ve triggered his GAS like no tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hope so?

3 Likes

I just hope the seller isn’t you… :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Hello all… My new beauty has arrived 2 weeks ago but I needed to spend some private time with her before I can post hot pictures online.

It is a “Cort Artisan A4 Plus” Black Cherry Open Pore.

I think my photos were not doing her justice so I had to put this stock photo in there as well.

It plays super nicely and came with 45-100 D’Addario Regular Light Gauge Nickel wounds. I am sure of it now because I re-stringed it with same yesterday and feel did not change even a bit while the tone got amazing!

I sold my Cort Action PJ 4 even before this girl came home… It did not feel right for it to be hanging on the wall for decoration for another 4-5 years. Hope it gets to be played!

10 Likes

Congratulations @Fahri! Very nice!

3 Likes