Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

nice pam

when i see it like that, first thing came to mind, can you rotate it 90 degrees on the stand or put a strap on it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Received this week. I’m digging it.

16 Likes

Love the color :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very nice @sanfordrick. Really like the Mustangs

2 Likes

Wowser!
That is amazing.
Congrats

4 Likes

Yes, you can rotate it; but as far as putting a strap on it, that would defeat the purpose. :wink:

5 Likes

But think how cool it will look on the back of your bike, Pam she is a fair bonnie Lassie. I know that you are going to have great fun with her. Cant wait to hear your first piece.
Jamie

4 Likes

but that would be cool :sunglasses:

8 Likes

For the Zoom B1x-four and MS-60B. I had to add them, from the Lab software for the B1x-four, and a firmware upgrade for the MS-60b. I have not tried them yet to see if it’s any good or not.
I am guessing if it’s not on the B3n you could add it online.

Congratz on the upright.

3 Likes

Yeah, I am thinking instead of going after a MM stingray, I may just get a Sterling Stingray 34HH.
The Stingray Classic 24 does not have HH option But the SUB Stingray 4-HH has the color I really like, But that saves a ton of money that way, and I love my SUB Ray 4. I just really want the HH version now.
The 34HH is only Black, White or a light blue I am not that font of.
I would like a Short Scale too, and it’s only color I would choose, of the two available is White.
I think I can get this 4HH and the white Short Scale for the same price as the 34HH in Black.

I like the Maple Fretboards too. Love it on my 34.
Hmmmmm
Things to consider.
I am gonna thin the heard and get rid of a few before I make any decisions.

9 Likes

I checked and the B3n has a SIM for the TS808, which is quite similar to the TS9 (according to what I’ve read online).

I’m going to play around with it tomorrow.

3 Likes

Cool!

Tube Screamers produce a classic, warm overdrive/distortion sound that you used to hear all over '80s and '90s rock and blues. Might be a nice gateway drug to distortion for you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yikes! I tried that effect and got horrible buzzing from the amp. @howard is there another effect that I can add before or after it to eliminate that buzzing?

2 Likes

Introducing… my first bass!

I’ve been playing the Mustang Bass that my friend indefinitely lent me last year. Picked this used 2009 Classic Vibe 50’s Precision Bass earlier this week, and swapped the roundwound strings with a set of La Bella Low Tension Flats almost instantly. LOVE the sound, but on full volume the output is much lower compared to the Mustang Bass. I opted for flatwounds since I started with that (I think it’s the same brand too), and wow, I’m enjoying the feel of it on a standard 34" scale bass. Happy me :laughing:

Oh and I took off the pickguard to repaint it in white, since now it’s full of sticker marks. Hope you enjoy the tan line!

20 Likes

Very nice looking shortie you have there :+1:
Man I can feel a build up of GAS coming on :flushed:

4 Likes

@seabear I love her without very ZZ , I’ve went from 34" down to a 30".
Jamie

3 Likes

yeah the TS9 and TS808 are almost the same. only two resistors have different values and it’s on the output buffer (which is not where the distinctive tone is made), there is a little difference but those pedals sound 99% identical.

a noise gate.

4 Likes

Thanks @terb

What would be an example of a noise gate effect on the Zoom? Would it go before or after the TS808 sim?

3 Likes

I don’t know the Zoom so I can’t answer to your first question but I can answer to the second one : it would in theory go before the TS808.

5 Likes

Actually, I found one and it does the trick. Thanks!

5 Likes