Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

With the overdrive effects on the Zoom you also need to take a lot of care with the gain levels and overall patch volume to make them sound good at all, in my experience. They are pretty fiddly compared to the real thing. I wasn’t super impressed by them (unlike the rest of the Zoom modeled effects, which are usually great).

4 Likes

I love that…been looking at it for a minute, I started looking at the Sting signature and the Dusty Hill signature both based off that early 50s p-bass but this definitely has my full attention

3 Likes

Just finished changing the strings and the pickups on the stickers bass…really disappointed its all bright and chimey like a piano.

3 Likes

What strings have you used ?

2 Likes

How does it sound if you roll off the tone knob?

4 Likes

roundwounds from a budget brand from here I was thinking these things are really cheap they are going to dead the minute I pull them out of the plastic…I was so wrong. Maybe I need to look into some flatwounds or half rounds (if that is still a thing)

3 Likes

better, if I back it down about a 1/4 it loses a lot of that top and gets more into the working mans tone that I’m looking for

4 Likes

If it makes you feel any better the Dunlop’s I put on the P copy sound quite tinny if I have the tone wound up too high and they were $80 @Tokyo_Rat :scream:

3 Likes

Yeah I run the tone half rolled off on my Yamaha in passive, it sounds fine all in but I think it sounds better at about 50%.

That’s what the knob is there for :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I need to do an adjustment on the pickup height I’ll be either bragging about how that saved the day or complaining about these new pickups…I’d hate to complain about the strings since they cost less than $10…LOL

4 Likes

I’ve been spoiled all the other basses I run wide open, like I was telling Mac I’ll know more when the height adjustment is done tomorrow.

4 Likes

got the pickups height adjusted, had to replace the new springs with the old springs to get the pickups to come up to the 4 MM mark but it does add to the boomier factor but I’m still rolling off the tone knob a bit and these strings are really forcing the correct hand and finger positioning it picks up every scrape, buzz, and mistake you make…zero forgiveness. Could be that I’m just in love with the boom sound of the EB3 and everything else is going to sound bright/chimey in comparison.

3 Likes

Bought this bass a month go from Korea and it took forever to get here but I just got it setup with new dr lo riders and it sounds amazinggg . Also can you tell how much I love Thundercat ?:joy:he’s my favorite bass player ever!
Btw it’s a Copley cbe59nt

10 Likes

She’s a beauty @Frankyboyy

3 Likes

Sick bass. Passes my test, that’s ORANGish enuf for me. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Whats not to love…well done!

4 Likes

I love my beginners set up. The Ibanez was my first bass, I really like the all round playability. I got it new in weathered black which I wouldn’t recommend unless your after the ‘road used’ look fairly quickly. I certainly have not played it as much as the wear at the pick ups would suggest! I got lucky and happened to see a small ad for the PJ from someone who just wanted money for a night out so I got that for an absolute steal. I went for the Orange amp based on the excellent reviews (which I 100% agree with, I just love it) and because it looks frikin awesome! I bought the chorus pedal on ebay after a few beers one night in an attempt to sound like Duff McKagan… For now I’m super happy with it all :slight_smile:

15 Likes

So here is my Yamaha TRBX604. I’ve had her for barely 3 weeks but I find myself always picking her up to noodle or go through the course! So much fun! Got it for my birthday, from me to me.

16 Likes

best way to buy things :joy: I can tell

9 Likes

@helsleyrichard very nice. The person that bought it for you has good taste :grin::guitar:
Jamie

3 Likes