5 Likes

https://reverb.com/item/35153765-ernie-ball-music-man-bongo-4-hh-bass-guitar

6 Likes

Drool…

3 Likes

:rofl:

go ahead, i’ll cut you a deal.

4 Likes

It’s certainly a lot of instrument for the money, it wasn’t very expensive and it’s very nice. It does however have a couple of characteristics I would say aren’t very suited for a beginner like me.

Firstly, it’s very heavy, and not just that - it’s neck-heavy. I found myself missing notes because I was using my left hand to hold it up at times. I’ve mostly fixed that with a better strap but it’s not perfect. Maybe I’ll try lighter tuners later on to see if that helps. It’s also very long as you can see from the picture, so you have to be careful not to bump it into things if you walk around with it.

The other thing is that for me personally, due to the body shape I have a hard time reaching the 17th through 20th frets. I didn’t notice until I wanted to play a song that had just a couple of notes on the 19th and 20th, and then I realized that I couldn’t actually reach them. At least not quick enough to keep up with the song anyway.

Other than that, it certainly looks the business, and sounds like it too.

5 Likes

Fair enough but I do have to say I’m not really sure what full scale you’re using but I’ve never heard anybody say bongos are heavy or have neck dive. The tuners are ultra small as is the headstock?

3 Likes

I was responding to your post about the Goth Thunderbird, not the Bongo. Sorry for not making that clear.

4 Likes

Hahaha that makes a lot more sense :+1:

4 Likes

Hi sorry it took me so long to reply, I thought i had already, but apparently even though it sent me an email with your question I can’t actually reply to those. I tested the weight after you asked and it came out to 5kg (11lb.). I got a wider strap with a little padding for it and that has helped quite a lot.

3 Likes

this is my new G and L Tribute L2000 in Clear Orange

@eric.kiser @Mac

17 Likes

OOOOOHHHHHH!!!
Damn that is nice. I love ORANGE, and that is right sexy.

6 Likes

Sooo it’s 2 in the morning and I have to work tomorrow. So I was going to save this until tomorrow but… I can’t because I GOT IT!! I found it in England, still new/unsold but a couple hundred off. so I bought my dream bass and sold my much loved orange bongo. So now I have my new daddy bear: 4H firemist gold, my wife is going to divorce me most damn beautiful bass in the world! I’m soooo excited :joy:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Damn nice looking bass there. What is the difference between this one and the one you sold other then color?
I loved the orange of course.

4 Likes

The other was HH, this one’s H. I know you love the orange, I was hoping you’d buy it :grin:

4 Likes

I am actually following you on Reverb, I would have loved to, but if I were going to pay that much for a bass, I think I would have to go for that Orange animal print fretboard Ray first. I think I might have wanted an H over an HH as well.

5 Likes

Yep, I love the big pickup. Next on my list is a music man 5 string, fretless, roasted neck. BTW 2 people follow me but it doesn’t tell me who they are, now I know who one of them are :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Back from the dead…twist in the neck had me going to strip it for pieces and parts…took the strings off and let it sit for six months and the twist disappeared…needs a good set up but it is definitely playable and then some…welcome back to herd Pearl

11 Likes

Wow that’s some good luck :+1:

6 Likes