Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Yeah, I just started to follow the other day when I got on reverb and your add was in my stream, so I looked it over and hit the follow while I was there.

4 Likes

that is so damn cool

6 Likes

Great bass in a great color. There’s one just like it in the studio I teach at. LOVE the sound on those things. Congrats!

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I absolutely love the wood grain

4 Likes

Its a beautiful guitar with a great range of sound

4 Likes

This arrangement looks awesome to me. I had a very cheap base that was a “PJ” and I never once turned up the bridge pick up because all it did was at hum. I now have a J Bass butter really get any flexibility out of it because I keep both all the way up to avoid the hum. I think it’s clear I want hamburgers on my next bass but why do you think arrangement like this bass isn’t more popular?

3 Likes

Newest addition to the collection, Yamaha TBRX604. Used from Guitar Center online sight unseen because these are on backorder everywhere. 180 day return policy for me to make sure I love it, but so far I can’t imagine giving it back. Needs some new strings and a setup, but besides that this thing is mint
It has a much bigger/fuller sound than anything I have. I’m not sure I love the tone of the bridge pickup, but the neck pickup gives me all sorts of great sounds. Super light too, I didn’t think there was a bass in the box when I picked it up. It was between this and a SR650E. The lighting in these pics doesn’t do the Amber color justice.

14 Likes

Nice rig @BassFaceDisgrace,
I couldn’t see myself giving it back either😎
Great addition to the family👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Very nice! Enjoy many happy hours of playing!

4 Likes

Stunning

5 Likes

My bass is a MIM Fender Jazz Special Edition. I think it’s 2004. I bought it in high school and it’s been in hibernation for almost a decade. It’s made of Swamp Ash and is significantly heavier than a regular Jazz bass. It’s all I’ve ever known so it feels right to me. COVID and a teacher’s summer break brought me to BassBuzz where I’ve made some serious leaps in my playing. I’ve gotten so much more comfortable playing it and it feels so right in my hands.

Originally, it came with a white pickguard but I bought some Flexi-dip and sprayed it matte black. I did the same with the pickup covers too. I think it looks awesome and it’s pretty durable for quick spray job. To me, it looks like the bass that the Lone Ranger would play.

15 Likes

The matte black pickguard then the chrome plate with black knobs is a sharp look. I like it a lot. Glad to hear it is out of hibernation.

4 Likes

The wood on your bass is beautiful @mezatron and the pick guard is a great mod :+1:

2 Likes

Congrats! I sure love mine, it’s a fantastic bass IMO. Love the color you picked and agree the pics don’t show how rich it is in person. But it still looks gorgeous in the pics :slight_smile:

Great tone, light, super playable neck.

4 Likes

@doylecb Do you mean, why aren’t humbuckers more popular?

2 Likes

Yeah was wondering about that - because they are super popular. Just not on Fenders :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No, I mean specifically with another split coil

4 Likes

Two humbuckers is a really common configuration on modern basses. I don’t think I have ever seen a humbucker and a P pickup though, but someone has probably done it. Probably Warwick.

This is a store photo of the model of my main bass, it’s a double humbucker:

7 Likes

That is stunning @howard :scream::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks! I like it too :slight_smile:

(should note thats a stock photo, I didn’t take it - mine looks just like that though)

It’s one if those basses where all the color options look great IMO. The black ones are this awesome transparent blue/grey, and you can see @BassFaceDisgrace’s above.

2 Likes