Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Hah AWESOME.

In the end I am probably fortunate there is no footage of our band live. My friend has a low-quality cassette someone taped of us once but at this point it’s mostly blackmail material.

6 Likes

That was cool as @numberman2000 :metal:t2:

4 Likes

Absolutely, I love it. it is beast of a hunk of wood. I love it.

Yep, I drop mine adn play a lot of RATM on it.

Awesome, I have had many similar nights back in the early 90;s

3 Likes

@T_dub this is my bass, what do you think? got it for 120 bucks it may look like stingray but it have no stingray tone :sweat_smile:, and i hope my next bass is stingray or sub because i love the tone of the bass. :smiley:

10 Likes

I think it looks great, and I bet you get a little more growl out of that pick up then you would on like a P bass copy, so it still sounds pretty good.
And honestly, you have really good technique, so you make it sound good with your playing. I am very impressed with your playing for as little time as you have been playing.
I am only about a month more. then you, I have focused ALOT on the music theory, and learning the notes of the fretboard, scales, arpeggios. I do finger exercises, but I have spend alittle less time on slap and technique so far, so I am not quite to your level as far as technique and playing slap, but I should catch up soon.

4 Likes

Oh, I see the pick up loks a little different then the Stingray, but I can’t tell for sure, I can’t enlarge the photo enough. Is it more like two single coils side by side in the same cavity?

doesn’t matter tho, still cool.

And if you wanted, you might be able to fit a stingray pick up in there.
You can buy the cheaper stingray pickups for about $15-20 pucks.
Those are like the ones I have in my Ray4, and it sounds cool.
I am replacing it with teh Agiular however, but I still like what it does now

4 Likes

I’d like to welcome this cutie to the tribe…

9 Likes

Nice, we have the same colour!

5 Likes

@suaryana
Here is the basses I have or had

My first, Ibanez GSR200. I did the B2B course on it.

I Soon I had this family.

Left to right
Ibanez GSR200
Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro
ESP LTD B-4E
Ibanez SR300
Schecter Elite-5

From those above, Left to right
GSR200 - I bought with an amp for $130
Sold the bass for $125, and the AMP for $65 - profit $60
Mikro - Still have
B-4E - this is my 2nd go to bass, and for when I want 24 frets
SR300 - Returned to Guitar Center for full refund
Elite-5 - just sold yesterday for $350 - Profit $300

Ibanez SR400
I added this and played it ALOT. My rotation was
SR300 - This bass - B-4E

I have this up for sale right now. I paid $280, have it listed for sale for $380 now.

EDIT: This is a SBMM SUB STERLING - Had I known then that it was a Sterling Model and not a Stingray by Sterling, I would have kept it, because they are not as easily found, and they don’t make them anymore, currently.
I had originally thought it was a Sub Ray, just an older cheaper one, but I learned over time it was not a Stingray and was in fact a STERLING model.
At first glance it is kind of hard to tell them apart, but not having the chrome cover plate is the first clue.

ESP LTD B-155 DX
I added this for IF / When I start to play 5 string.
I paid $200 for it, and I have it listed to sell for $400 right now
I have an offer for $300 at the moment, but I am not sure if I will sell for that

And this guitar I got for $40, for a friend to play

He did not like the guitar, so I traded it for this

I sold that Squire, because, even tho I liked it OK, I knew I wasn’t going to play it. I sold it for $240, so I made $200 off it.
SO…
I went INSIDE a Guitar Center, when they opened back up after COVID Lockdown, and I played a Sterling Stingray Ray4 (the SUB series), adn loved it, way better then that cheapo SUB I had
SO…

As soon as I got home, I listed this, and sold it the next morning for $125 (a $35 profit)

And went straight back to Guitar Center and got this. It was $299
And this is my Number One bass now. It spoke to me, It made me love Stingrays

I was lucky to find this Ray34, the better Sterling Ray, not in the SUB Series. And it is AWESOME. I got it for $400

I returned to Guitar Center, the Orange Ibanez SR300 that is in that big family photo, I was not playing it much anymore, since i was playing my stingrays so much, so I and got this one.

TBH, I don’t like the two pickups as much as I thought I would.
I may trade it back in at Guitar Center.
I sold the Orange Schecter in the family Photo yesterday.
I may be selling the Blue LTD now too, I have an offer for $300.
If I do sell it, I will be taking this Green one back to Guitar Center, and using that money to get this

I also have these two that are FOR FUN and for COLLECTION.
I don’t play this one ever really, it is not a great bass.
It is not a bad bass either, but it is a DEAN, and it is a METALMAN style.
“Dimebag” of Pantera played that style Guitar, and he is my favorite guitar player, and I have that as a tribute to him RIP.

And this one.
I love ESP LTD Basses, and this one is awesome, I do play it some, but it is a decoration as well. It is an ESP LTD ARAYA FRZ - Tom Araya Signature model. So Being a SLAYER bass, I thought the red strings would be bad ass.
Also, it was missing one nob, and I couldn’t find the EXACT one to put on it, so I got this set of 3 SKULL nobs, and put them on. with the RED eyes to match the strings, it is wicked cool.

I also got this one for $40, and I let a friend bottow it so he could learn bass. It sounds good, it is a STAG brand

There are probably a few more that came and went, but this is a good idea of what I have had and sold and traded, and returned, etc…

11 Likes

wow man, thats a steal when you get more profit how do you sell it? and may i ask you what is the difference between sub and stingray and is there any difference neck playing between using rosewood and maple?, omg that’s a lot of basses my fav is the ray34, in my country (Indonesia) ive seen there is not a lot of bassist play with stingray, majority of the bassist only know fender, gibson and bacchus, but no stingray the guitar center here does not stock stingray even though the sub is made from indonesia, and if you have youtube channel i would like to hear your bass sound :smiley: ,cheers from bali, Indonesia.

3 Likes

I do not have a youtube channel, but I have a few posts in Show Us Your Covers thread, they are pretty recent, so you can scroll back for my posts, or just search and look thru them

Search words
Paranoid
Date Rape
Myage

Also Before I answer some more questioins.
you live in one of the places on this earth that I have on my bucket lits to visit. Actutually it is the number one place on my list.
Ever since I was a teenager, probably about 14, I watched my favorite video EVER MADE, called “Beyond Blazing Boards”. The footage of , umm, IDK if I can spell it, “Ulawatu” (sp?) and Pdang Pdang got me hooked. Number one spots (or two) to visit on this planet.
That is so cool to live thre.

As a matter of fact, everytime I turn on YOUTUBE, there is a link to recent footage of Pdang Pdang, and it has been EPIC lately.

3 Likes

I will look up at your videos on “Post your covers” and Uluwatu temple is an amazing place and my dad is a tour guide, let me know when you are here :D, my dad first income is in this tourism guide since this virus born, the tourism is not working anymore :/, and you should look up at canggu beach there is so many tourist coming to that place :D, hope i can do a gig in canggu after this virus is gone :D, Hope you are doing fine, Cheers!

3 Likes

to be honest i dont know if the pickups is 2 single coil or humbucker, maybe if i have budget i will change it to stingray pickup :smiley:

3 Likes

Can you post a close up picture of your pick up.?

3 Likes

What do you think?

1 Like

Ok, it is not 2 pick individual pick ups side by side likd I thought from the other picture.
IDK if the stingray pick up will fit or not, it looks a little smaller then the stingray pick up, you will have to measure to see.
You could put a stingray pick up in it even if it is smaller now, BUT you would have to cut a bigger pocket.
measure and look up the pick for sting ray online and compare to see if it will fit or not.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice, ill look up later, i dont even know the stingray sound by me playing instead i hear it from youtube so i cant compare even though i know the stingray pickup is more awesome :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

My new 2020 American Professional P! Call it my covid bass.

15 Likes

Welcome to the community @TokyoBoyzClub!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @TokyoBoyzClub,
Enjoy the ride, you have taken advantage of Covid to arm yourself with a really cool weapon👍
Cheers Brian

7 Likes