Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Welcome @TokyoBoyzClub, nice bass you got there.

7 Likes

thats some serious firepower…welcome aboard

8 Likes

Welcome @TokyoBoyzClub
Got one of those on my wanted list :+1:

7 Likes

A beauty! @TokyoBoyzClub

8 Likes

Nice!

You here in Tokyo, @TokyoBoyzClub? Getting a few of us in town, great to see that.

5 Likes

I’m not, the name is a play on a group of guys I met online and have a fascination with Japanese football. I do want to go though!

5 Likes

Bummer! Keep hoping for more locals. Oh well, and yeah, you should definitely visit!

6 Likes

That’s beautiful @suaryana. $120 is a great price for a starter bass. Who knows, this may end up being your go-to bass. Nobody in the audience knows or cares how much you paid for your bass as long as you are grooving.

5 Likes

Thank you, i want to use it as my go-to bass, but its heavy, the weight is 16000 gr or 16kg, i’ve been tested play the bass while standing and i only can do 5 songs, then the worst thing start happened, my shoulder start to hurt, am i weak or its normal? and can i ask a question? does my bass is in heavy category or medium? whats the weight of your bass?

4 Likes

Wait seriously - 16kg?

That’s massive. It’s four times the weight of my bass (3.9kg). Do you mean 16 pounds?

5 Likes

Mine are a bit over 9 lbs and they are only that heavy because they are 5 strings.

4 Likes

I looked up at local shopping website it says 16kg, at first i buy this at local guitar store and i didnt know that this bass heavy, newbie me thought that it was ok, the employee dont tell me anything about its weight, even my friend who is not a bassist said its too heavy but its my fault too i dont research before buying. I made this as a lesson (research before start buying something expensive).

5 Likes

Even when i play while sitting on my bed my thights hurt when i play about 30mins+

5 Likes

That’s 35 lbs!!! That’s like hanging a bag of cement across your shoulders.

5 Likes

16 kg = 35.274 lbs , I wouldn’t be able to lift your bass. :sweat_smile:

Based on my own research, the average is between 8 and 12 pounds, though there are outliers in either direction.

Strapping a weight around your neck and shoulders definitely has the potential to cause physical problems. That’s why warming up your muscles and a good strap are so important. For me, another part of the solution was a lighter bass (my bass weighs almost 2 lbs less than my husbands).

If your thighs hurt when playing in a sitting position check to make sure that you’re not resting your upper body weight on it. Or course if it really is 32 lbs then I think you have your answer.

7 Likes

It occurs to me that the site can be showing you the shipping weight, not the instrument weight.

7 Likes

yes indeed, i even thought to buy gigbag for my bass but to have strong materials (to not fall off) i have to pay more and im thinking why am i spending lots on gig bag insteaf of changing my bass.

5 Likes

That’s an awfully heavy box :rofl:

6 Likes

Idk, i dont have weight counter, its between 16kg

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice, im mostly play my bass while sitting. :smiley:

4 Likes