Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

How does Rosie Deux compare with Rosie?

5 Likes

Hello @ervin.bosenbacher! Welcome!

4 Likes

She sounds great, but then so does Rosie. I guess the biggest difference in the pickups and the EQ on Rosie II. I haven’t done a comparison yet.

6 Likes

Congratulations Pam!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @ervin.bosenbacher! Nice collection you have there!

5 Likes

Beautiful bass’ @PamPurrs, I had considered getting tape wounds to try on my 6er. Any recommendations?

5 Likes

Check out the D’Addario black nylon tapewounds. I use them and am very pleased.

5 Likes

No seeing a 6 string variety. do the DG coated strings sound similar or have you ever tried them? i may buy a set for my old Bentley 4 string just to see how they play. The cobalt’s on it are starting to scare me with how dark and rusty they are getting so fast… might need a tetanus shot if I play that thing as is anyway. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

You are spoilt Pam👍 @PamPurrs
Looks great.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

nice collection. which one is your fave (ducks for cover)?

5 Likes

Welcome @ervin.bosenbacher

4 Likes

Awesome, looks great, how do you like her so far? Does she speak to you right off the bat?

Welcome @ervin.bosenbacher, Nice collection there, Love the MM Ray35

I have used the DR coated strings, I had Black Beauties on my Ibanez that I traded back in, (still have the strings) and Red Devils on my Slayer (LTD Tom Araya) bass. They look great on the bass, playing them feels a bit odd to me, I am used to round wound, and the sound is not spectacular, although I don’t have any flats or tapewounds to compare to.
The black ones on my Ibanez seemed more like real strings, the red ones seem like toys kind of, but I love they way they look

3 Likes

So this morning I woke up and figured I have a set of DR Black Beauty strings… Restringed my stealth black MM. Now it’s completely black.

10 Likes

I love Stingrays, that is my go to.
I love the Black hardware on MM and Sterling MM stingrays
I was never a fan of black, but that stealth black works.
This is looking right sexy!!!

3 Likes

Yes, I agree I tend to avoid black, especially if its glossy. But this one caught my eye sometime ago. It’s also fun to play. Very versatile, 5 positions, 3 EQ.

4 Likes

I have one 5 string, and I don’t play it much.
It was my choice to do all my studies on the 4 string and later pick up a 5 string.
I actually had 2 five’s at one time, but since I was not playing them regularly, I put them both up for sale. I couldn’t decide which to let go, I loved them both, so I let fate decide.
The one I probably would have picked to sell if I had to choose, sold pretty quickly.
I can’t complain, I made a $300 profit on the deal.

the other one I have, I got for such a good deal, if it sells (I still have it up, just to see) I will make $220 on it. And since I sold the other one, I am not taking lower offers on this one.

But, if it sells, and I get another 5 in the future, it will be a Sterling MM Stingray Ray5 or Ray35.

Unless I see a ridiculous price on one listed on Offer Up, I will wait to get one, but if I see that $120 brand new Sterling Ray5 for sale, i will probably snatch it up.
Actually, I know I will get it, because I can sell it for $200 and make a quick buck. LOL
And those do show up more often then you would think (not necessarily Stingrays, but basses way under value), especially in COVID.
I bought my Sterling Stingray Ray4 ($299) purely off profit from buying / selling basses and pedals. And that was about 4-5 months ago, I just made the $300 on that 5 string a few weeks ago. Have not used it yet, it is in a kind of a pot to save up for a real Stingray, or the Black Ash Sterling Stingray Ray34

This one. I know, it is black, which usually means NO, but, I mean, er… Look at it, it is so freaking cool. I am thinking an Orange pick guard would just make it perfect.

There is actually a clear pick guard on it.

2 Likes

Indeed she does :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

That is SOOOOOOOOO cool!!!

4 Likes

Yamaha TRBX 504.

13 Likes

Great bass!

3 Likes