Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That’s a beauty, and being I’m partial to Yammies, I’m sure it sounds great too.

4 Likes

Very nice! I didn’t like the official photos of “Brick Burst” but the color looks gorgeous in your photo.

4 Likes

Very nice bass. Welcome to the community @rsteiners.eng!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @rsteiners.eng,
Enjoy the ride, nice bass👍
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

So. I just added a new member to the family. I’ve talked a lot about how terrible my pop’s Biscayne is condition wise in a few places. So I decided to get him an early Holidays gift. Granted I hate the whole “Christmas and Birthday are close so you just get one gift” thing. But in this case I don’t think he will complain. Either way I cant wait to put a few hours into it myself!

10 Likes

Welcome @rsteiners.eng. That’s a very cool looking bass !

Nice gift @Mao.im sure your father will love it

4 Likes

A beauty!

5 Likes

Here’s my first bass, a Fender Squier Affinity Precission PJ (purchased it with the pack, was a good deal to get an amp and all other bits). I really liked the sunburst over the black, and favored the pack with all the inclusions over buying the Yamaha TRX104 and items separately :slight_smile: Here’s looking forward to many awesome years with this dude and me!

15 Likes

That’s how I started out as well :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@ervin.bosenbacher looks awesome. Black pearl fret markers?
Jamie

6 Likes

Nice! I need to add a PJ to my collection soon. And I see your a man of culture. @shadowarrior

6 Likes

I’m just getting started, so I don’t have a ton of gear. Below is my Ibanez Soundgear 400 series bass, and a Fender Rumble 40 amp. I use headphones to spare my family from listening to my mistakes.

12 Likes

That is plenty of gear. All you NEED.
Of course many of us WANT more, but thats all you NEED.
Love that bass, I had the same one, same color, and just sold it about 2 weeks ago.

7 Likes

Nice color. I have a love/hate thing with their headstocks. I love the shape but they’re sooo tiny looking.

7 Likes

I actually like that. Dislike big battle-axe headstocks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well yeah me too. But maybe a little more voluptuous.

5 Likes

I really like the LTD headstocks.

4 Likes

I have the same issue with Warwicks.
Nice bass @TomS . I am an Ibanez fan

5 Likes

Yeah, they are ODD. A bit TOO PLAIN to flat out hate, but different enough to annoy. reminds me of a slice of bread.

4 Likes

That shape is unique, but I absolutely love the tuner angle. It’s great when you’re wearing one, I wish all basses did that. I actually like the shape too. Cool for a t-shirt too :slight_smile:

Very distinctive and instantly recognizable as a 'wick.

I like Yamaha headstocks when they are not imitating Fender. Like, I love the TRBX:

and like the BB:

Dislike clover tuning keys though.

If you want boring and nondistinctive but Warwick-like, there’s Spector:

4 Likes