Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

See, I like the big clover tuners. That tells me its a BASS when it has big ole tuners on it.

The Yamaha is OK, but for some reasons I like the pointer to go to the other side like on the LTD. That may be what bugs me about the warwick also. IDK why, it just is.

2 Likes

Which ESP do you mean? They use many shapes.

2 Likes

Yeah, Spector is the one that reminds me more of a slice of bread, but they are pretty close, as they should be.

1 Like

LTD

67E391CF-2C83-46D0-BEC0-43262333A294_4_5005_c

This is the one that I see as kind of their own. a lot of the other headstocks they use are pretty much copies of Peavey, Fender and others.

2 Likes

Cool. yeah, as LTD is the entry level line for ESP, there are many styles:

I like that one too.

3 Likes

Yeah, thats why I said LTD :smile:

And they styles that are theirs, like the F and B (even though it is a standard double cut away body shape) they use that one. the P bass and J bass uses Peavey and Fender shapes. That Stream series has another unique headstock, but it is still more like others then the one I like.

For a boring and uniform headstock, I actually like the Schecter headstock.

6D091635-5314-409E-821E-AEC919086487_4_5005_c

I think they did the BOOK shape like Gibson, but cut it into the headstock instead of on top of the headstock.

2 Likes

What are this Streamer series like ?

2 Likes

it is the upper left bass in the page that Howard showed.
I will find it

1 Like

like this.

D22A5D0B-7B7B-40E2-9006-F9122A71CBD3_4_5005_c

2 Likes

It’s their T-bird-whale-thing. They actually look kind of cool.

Very retro. T-birds look cool, but I like this one way better than actual T-birds, especially the headstock. Something about the Jetsons retro-future vibe of the overall style is just kind of awesome.

3 Likes

Schecter seem to change headstock design depending on the model :thinking:

The Evil Twin has the headstock inverted compared to the Elite 4 for instance.
The 5 string on the picture is a different one though, Omen Extreme.

3 Likes

That’s the one @T_dub.
I was looking at one of those online last night

3 Likes

Yeah, most all bass makers have more than one shape.
the one in the middle looks alot like the shape of the LTD, and the one in front looks alot like the opposite. LOL
My elite-5 had the one I posted above tho, symmetrical. it was an '06 model tho

I do love Schecter Basses tho, every one I have ever picked up and played, just felt right.

3 Likes

Looking to buy online? Or looking at one and trying it out?
I don’t know anything about them, just was looking at the headstocks earlier is all.

3 Likes

They still use the symmetrical headstock together with clover tuners for their Corsair bass.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I have seen them plenty, I was just saying that my Elite-5 had it, it was an older one, cuz you said your elite-4 had the one you pictured.
That was the distinction I was making.

3 Likes

I love the inlays on your Omen

3 Likes

It’s the 2009 model, so the inlays are less intricate than on the later models. But they look good :blush:

4 Likes

Id have to try it first before committing to a purchase. I was just “ thumbing “ through the catalogue of one of the online retailers and it jumped off the screen.
Not a bad looking bass at all

3 Likes

That is what I was asking, were you looking online, or looking with your hands?
you answered just fine tho. :wink:

2 Likes