Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Wow, indeed. Yeah @Krescht, I’m smitten.

Can you give some model information on it?

3 Likes

It’s a Sandberg California VM4 :blush:
“California ‘V’ Series - Sandberg Guitars” California 'V' Series - Sandberg Guitars

8 Likes

It plays quite differently from my other basses. The neck is wider and resting on the pickup is a bit more tricky.
There is a possibility to adjust the string spacing, but I want to give the factory settings a try.

6 Likes

Very nice @Krescht
I see they’ve got the reverse P style pickup like Ibenez do which does make it awkward to get a thumb rested on :+1:

5 Likes

WOW Sandberg. Nice!

6 Likes

@Krescht Very nice!

6 Likes

Here’s the newest (and last for a long time) member of my Bass collection.

Squier Contemporary Active HH Jazz Bass.

Thought this would be one from the wall, but it was actually new in box!

Fit and finish was really good. Color looks way better than pictures show. Action seems good and setup out of box is going to be good enough for the time being.

The E was a bit of a pain in the ass to tune, then realized I messed up clipping the tuner snugly.

Sounds great! Feels great!

$100 bucks off at GC.

13 Likes

She’s a real beauty @architecht13
I wonder if I need to think if I need a jazz bass :thinking::joy:

7 Likes

A J bass with a matching headstock that avoids using J pickups :heart_eyes:

The color scheme is very similar to a Yamaha BB734A, which in person looks amazing.

Can’t wait to hear tone samples. I bet it sounds awesome.

8 Likes

@howard she’s a beauty, I tell you!

7 Likes

@Mac if you find one, it’s really nice. I’m still crap at Bass, but loving it so far!

5 Likes

@architecht13
I think my bass buying permissions have been removed at the moment after buying the Rick but there’s always another day :joy:

6 Likes

Very beautiful and modern looks :heart_eyes:

5 Likes
4 Likes

@howard Please post you playing something in the Jackson mini! I did get an Ibanez Mikro and I couldn’t be happier. The only drawback to it is higher on the neck I really have to watch that my fingers don’t wrap around the neck. I also bought an Ibanez TMB30, somehow it doesn’t feel “right”, and it is way heavier than the Mikro but I can play it without hurting my shoulder. I guess I’ll set the TMB up for blues playing maybe. Good luck!

7 Likes

Hi! That’s not me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even though I’m just starting out learning bass, I have two. An Epiphone Viola Bass short scale that my father got me as a gift and a 1986 Aria Pro II The Cat PJ Bass that I got during the quarantine really cheap.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forums @jfsheehanphotography.
Two nice basses you have there. Not a violin bass fan but I can admire the workmanship that goes into them.
Cool picture too😎

4 Likes

Thats me @biohazz65. I will have to record something with the Jackson minion. I do really like it and a good sound out of it

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @jfsheehanphotography!

4 Likes