Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Nice amp!

4 Likes

Here is a picture of some of my basses. I have a few more that I am working on building.

16 Likes

I’ve wanted a jazz bass to complete my “bass arsenal” and just so happened to find the exact bass I wanted on craigslist for $200 and picked it up last weekend after trying it out in a Lowe’s parking lot with my headphone amp :sweat_smile:

2008 Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass, Natural

The reviews of this bass are pretty universally great, Josh even picked it as the winner in his beginner bass review series. But this thing is much more than a beginner bass. It rivals my MiM P bass for tone and playability. Of course they have different utilities which is why I wanted both. Pretty impressed by Squier, they’ve certainly come a long way since I started on a Squier guitar 20 years ago. That thing was absolute junk.

My only issue is the previous owner got a “professional setup” where they filed the nut slots so low it’s almost impossible to eliminate fret buzz, so ordered a new nut and will try a little DIY luthier work.

Great instrument as a first bass… or a fourth bass.

11 Likes

Currently Peavey T-40…autographed by Geddy Lee.
The signature says…

To Brian and Eileen,
Best Wishes
Geddy Lee

17 Likes

I think the one tested by Josh, Gio and Ben was the Squier Vintage Modified 60’s Jazz Bass… It definitely didn’t have the rectangular fret markers. I’m sure this is a great instrument as well though!

5 Likes

that’s a real high mass bridge. this thing must be heavy as hell, I love it !

5 Likes

Nice family @rhino1979,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Nice addition to your family @bjams
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice bass @BMoore,
Especially with the autograph :+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Just put it on a scale…
12lbs…

8 Likes

a big baby :laughing:

7 Likes

ah, you’re correct! i think the main differences between 60s/70s version are the block inlays + the bridge pickup on the 70s version is little closer to the bridge.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a keeper :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My rigs (so far):

• 78 Fender P blonde ash
  • 2019 Fender AmPro Jazz tuxedo
  • 2020 kit built by me P bass candy apple red (SD QP pups)

They each have their purposes.

13 Likes

Nice family @Smiddi,
I have a 1974 blonde P-bass, just put the black pick guard on it.
Cheers Brian

12 Likes

Here’s my 74! I am the second owner and bought it in 1976. It is also my second bass.

I jumped on the band wagon and had a brass nut installed and in a rare instance of being an early adopter I had a Badass bridge put on. Not a badass II but just badass the first generation. Somehow it fit. It has flat wound strings.

Beautiful basses

15 Likes

Nice!

4 Likes

Beautiful :sunglasses:

4 Likes

you definitely have room for 2 more in that picture :rofl:

5 Likes

Only 2! :joy:

4 Likes