Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I just picked up a Vantage Witch Bass for free. I am excited to shine it up a bit.

14 Likes

Very nice, @jasonvelocity . . . :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Forums!

Cheers, Joe

6 Likes

oh, I like this thing. somewhat between a Gibson Grabber and a Fender Precision. I bet it will do the job pretty nicely …

7 Likes

Nice! Welcome to the forum @jasonvelocity!

5 Likes

Great pick up @jasonvelocity, you have come to the right place to learn how to put it to good use.
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Very nice looking bass and welcome @jasonvelocity

4 Likes

It’s NBD, my 604 showed up a day early, around Christmas shipping at that.

Straight out of the box, It’s pretty.

After spending an hour swapping strings and doing a setup, 12 thou for the truss rod on the 7th fret since Yamaha didn’t specify a measurement in the manual and 2.7 to 3 mm on the strings as specified, then intonation.

It seems to play well for what I know at 1/2 way through the BtoB, no fret buzzing, sounds really good and clean. It is LIGHT compared to my Sterling Ray 4, When I picked the box up off the porch I though they forgot to ship half of it. :slight_smile: The bathroom scale says it adds 8.3 pounds to my weight when I hold it.

13 Likes

One of my favorite things about my 604. Light as a feather but still amazing full tone.

Congrats! The black one is gorgeous. I love the subtle blues and greys in the black.

5 Likes

Two years ago I brought a truckload of stuff back from Arizona to Texas in working through my brother’s estate. This came back in pieces but I just couldn’t part with it. I had it put back together and when faced with the question of should I sell it or should I learn how to play it. Well, here I am…

14 Likes

I feel like I should recognize that cool headstock but I don’t. What kind of bass is that? It’s pretty!

6 Likes

It’s a G&L L2000.

9 Likes

Very nice!

5 Likes

Your brother knew his basses! Wonderful keepsake

7 Likes

Nice @Iamapinepig,
Look forward to hearing and seeing you playing it👍
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice bass @ENStein👍

Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome Gabriel, and as I like to say, you have “both” kinds of basses. :wink:

3 Likes

Gorgeous bass! Love me some Ibanez.

2 Likes

I’m currently stuck on Billie Jean… that’s causing great frustration. My fingers won’t do what I want them to!!

7 Likes

@aconant5 Welcome to the BassBuzz forum!

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

Check out this thread for help with Billie Jean… Billie Jean is a Wicked Mistress

2 Likes

Welcome to the community and The Wicked Mistress that is Billie Jean. We’ve all been there.
Check out this link for the lamenting of others: Billie Jean is a Wicked Mistress

2 Likes