Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That’s what I have now . 1976 4001

3 Likes

Here is a pic of the twins, I only have the burgundy one now👍
Cheers Brian

11 Likes

And I have the black one :+1:
From @TNKA36 who very kindly enabled me to tick another thing off of my bucket list

5 Likes

Nice! Ricks are such a unique animal, nothing else like them. I wanted one so badly back then that I sold my Pre-CBS P Bass to get one. Regrets? I’ve had a few…

4 Likes

All in the family! I like it!

3 Likes

Anything specific you didn’t like about your Rick, Jim @jim.mcelligott ? :thinking:

Just curious!

Thanks, Joe

3 Likes

Oh no, the only regret was selling a 59 P Bass - could only afford one bass at a time back then! Love my Rick!

6 Likes

Here is a pic of the whole family :sunglasses::+1:
Cheers Brian

23 Likes

A nice family! Love the top 2!

This is mine.

7 Likes

Here is the latest addition to the “family.” A few weeks ago I had never heard of a ukulele bass, now I own a Hadean UKB-31.

Even though I knew it was built on the same frame as a baritone uke and measured 30" overall I still was unprepared for how little it was when I first unboxed it.

Here is a picture with my Sterling to give some perspective.

It sounds fairly wimpy unplugged, but connect an amp and the result is mind blowing. The ultra-short scale (20") and fat rubbery strings take some getting used to.

10 Likes

They look nice! Bet the sound great too!

5 Likes

Very nice :+1: @Irathrain,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Holy crap Brian!!! Next time my boss says I have too many basses I’m going to show her this. Thanks for posting it.

10 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

I have same model, currently waiting on EMG Geezer Butler pups :grin:

5 Likes

Nice Brian!

3 Likes

Really Brian??? @TNKA36 …Here I am trying to breathe life into a crappy Yamaha that I hate so I can try and get a reasonable tone out of it… I should just replace it with ANY other bass…BUT I CAN’T COZ YOU YOU HAVE ALL OF THEM !

13 Likes

You can’t even see the best one in that photo. He’s got a red Rick hidden back there.

8 Likes

That red Rick is beautiful in real life @howard

7 Likes

Yep, seen that color myself. Amazing. Haven’t asked to play one because I didn’t want to want it when I can’t budget it :slight_smile:

5 Likes