Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Nice! I have that same Ibanez and just picked up that same J-bass in Tidepool (white pickguard though). So far I’m loving the jazz bass.

6 Likes

Welcome @thechavezguy!

5 Likes

welcome @thechavezguy

5 Likes

It looks great with the stock white pickguard, but I love the way mine looks, and I just recently saw this one online (granted it is a P bass) in red which looks great too. Enjoy the new J!

14 Likes

Hey! I did some more research on that ground loops thing and that’s 100 percent it. My room and almost all of my house has dimming switches which causes a buzz.

7 Likes

super common problem.

6 Likes

You can get a decent strip plug with ground in it and it should take care of the problem, or you can find a ground socket that you put in-between the wall socket and your amp plug.

3 Likes

I named mine “shiruba” which means silver in Japanese :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Looks killer! There’s an “Elite” Jazz bass in that same ocean torqouise color, and the marble pick guard is a perfect contrast imo :star_struck:

4 Likes

That Ibanez looks like the first bass I ever held, though at the time I just saw it as a “guitar”. It wasn’t until recently I looked at the photo of me holding it and counted the four strings. :exploding_head: Called it “a sign that I was destined for bass” ever since haha

6 Likes

Here are my Ibanez Basses

14 Likes

my new baby bear, details here:

10 Likes

Fine looking instrument! Does it have pickups?

5 Likes

yep it’s got a piezo pickup, which is common on accoustics. it’s built into the bridge.

7 Likes

Started a month ago and splurged a bit

22 Likes

BONGO!

6 Likes

ahhh the HH tangerine, i had the exact same bass until recently. what a beauty.

bongoloids unite :fist:

7 Likes

Why do I feel like I am the only one that thinks they are hideous
Even orange.
They must play like something else, cuz they look like something else took. A you know what

4 Likes

it’s the only Ernie Ball product that even tempts me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s ok, I won’t hold hideous taste against you :wink:

5 Likes