Nice friends! If they need one more friend, say, from Scotland… :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha I’ll let them know! :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @adamquigley . . . :slight_smile:

Can’t go wrong with a P-Bass! :+1:

All best, Joe

1 Like

Killer bass there - nice vintage vibe with that bridge cover. Welcome!

2 Likes

Nice P bass @adamquigley! Welcome to the forum :champagne:

2 Likes

oops I did it again

I found a pristine 4-month-old used TRBX604FM in dark burst red for $320. Which is coincidentally about how much I had saved up towards buying a new 504 later this year. Perfect timing.

Just threw new strings on it and it sounds great, a bit more different from the 304 than I had expected. Love the passive option and the 3-band EQ.

15 Likes

Congrats, @howard . . . :slight_smile:

Good luck with that beautiful new bass! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Nice, @howard! Enjoy!

(I need to save up a liiiiiiiiittle more for my next bass… :grimacing:)

3 Likes

You totally nailed this in the other thread about this outcome being inevitable once I had seen the thing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t worry, @howard - I am bound to eventually join you in acquiring a new bass. There is no cure for GAS, only temporary relieve :grin:

4 Likes

@howard; Now that you have one, let me know if you see another 604 with similar savings! I have been on the hunt as I would LOVE to acquire one for the same reasons you did.
We Yamaha fanboys need to stick together! :smile:

Cheers,
Kevin

3 Likes

Will do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, and by the way @howard - it’s gorgeous!:heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes, beautiful bass and one helluva deal on it too. I read so many posts I start to get confused as to who has what equipment.

3 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t realize just how much I would like the flame maple.

2 Likes

I’ve become a real big fan of the used market. It just takes patience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s taken me a long time to get through this thread, because when I started playing bass not long ago, I didn’t really have anything to add other than I thought someone’s bass was pretty :slight_smile:

But going through here recently, and seeing both the basses, and their owner’s personalities, and hearing their stories about why they’ve picked the bass they did has been nice and helpful too!

I got into learning bass because I decided to live a minimalist lifestyle in the woods, so that I’d have time to do stuff I always wanted to. For the first time in life, I also have no neighbors too close, so can make as much noise as I want - so I started on electric guitar, and then saw a bass on Craiglist :star_struck: a wild red Schecter Stiletto Extreme, and, after going off reviews online, met the seller in a parking lot, plugged her into his car setup - just the heft, the feel, and wow, such deep, rich tones coming out of her, didn’t even negotiate (didn’t know you were supposed to), took her home, realized I knew nothing about how to play, and found Josh’s lessons!

14 Likes

Very pretty bass, @Vik!

Wishing you tons of good luck with it and many happy years of playing . . . :slight_smile:

All best, Joe

2 Likes

More recently, since learning how to play a bit, I started demo-ing basses at the local guitar shops in the city. I started liking Ibanez’s SR series a lot, and one day, saw a used SR-870, :heart_eyes::heartbeat:, love at first sight! Playing was like butter, just perfect! She was priced high, and not in great condition, and, because no local stores sold the same model, I ordered online on Reverb. I’m in love!! And so motivated to learn more now. But still in love with my first love Schecter too, heehee.

(And yeah, stealing @terb 's idea for photographing your bass outdoors) - I like being outdoors, and playing on my front porch, weather permitting.

17 Likes