Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

I was looking for the drooling emoji…

4 Likes

Congratulations, @Cassivellaunus!

Are these American-made basses? I wasn’t familiar with this brand before…

(And there is no political sub-text here at all in my question - just curious!)

4 Likes

Mine was made in Indonesia.

3 Likes

ESP is a high-end Japanese guitar maker that has both production models (priced around the mid to high end of Yamaha and Ibanez) and very high end custom models. They became famous in the '80s for making really good metal guitars.

2 Likes

Awesome! That’s an amazing deal, like half price off new.

3 Likes

Haha thanks - I ended up getting one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wow!! That has the g.a.s. flowing! I recently bought a Music Man Cutlass, and it’s amazing, but I still find myself wanting others.

6 Likes

Beautiful color combination especially with the white maple neck, @terb :+1:

But then again, I’m a die-hard Fender fan! . . . :wink:

All best, Joe

6 Likes

Had bought a cheap Rogue a while back just to try it out. Today my wife picked up this Fender Jazz as an early birthday gift and it’s awesome. Just have to get good enough to be worthy of it now haha

8 Likes

Awesome wife… uhm, bass - congrats!!

5 Likes

Congrats on that great looking bass, happy birthday, and welcome to the Forums!

All best, Joe :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice J bass, and welcome to the forum @bradandras88!

3 Likes

This SR2400 keeps popping up in my ads. Someone please buy it.

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ishibashi/80-321826600.html

That color :open_mouth:

edit: oops that’s a production model, there’s not just one. It will be in my ads forever. Oh well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know, I looked at that bass - reminds me of my baby, my SR870. But that one’s got even more premium woods, pups, tuners and bridge design. A beauty for sure!

5 Likes

So, Sandberg, on their homepage (https://www.sandberg-guitars.de/) have a configurator where you can “built” your dream bass, starting with one of their models and then doing some modding according to taste.

Here is one I wouldn’t mind owning at some point - it is based on their California TT model:

And, hey, at about USD 2500, it’s practically a bargain :rofl:

6 Likes

Great! Now I’m Jonesing for a €2,200 bass.

3 Likes

Ooh. Mine’s cheaper. Gotta replace those tuning machines though, the Fender clovers just look a little out of place. Also kind of similar functionally to my current bass. Love that look though, it was that or the natural Wenge.

I love their little logo by the neck joint.

Hard call on the violet vs Wenge:

It needs these then its all set:

6 Likes

yeah those light tuners are interesting, I wonder if they really do a big difference

5 Likes

Coincidentally, a Sandberg popped onto one of my local sales sites today. A Electra VS4 for £400.

I don’t quite have that money spare (currently trying to justify £250 for a Squier VM) but it was briefly tempting. I nothing about the brand other than they’re good looking basses and quite pricey new.

5 Likes

Check my latest video contribution to the “Share some good music” Friday thread… the guy plays a Sandberg California (a J-bass clone)… very nice!

3 Likes