Any sexy new basses you've got your eye on?

This SR2400 keeps popping up in my ads. Someone please buy it.

https://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/ishibashi/80-321826600.html

That color :open_mouth:

edit: oops that’s a production model, there’s not just one. It will be in my ads forever. Oh well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I know, I looked at that bass - reminds me of my baby, my SR870. But that one’s got even more premium woods, pups, tuners and bridge design. A beauty for sure!

5 Likes

So, Sandberg, on their homepage (https://www.sandberg-guitars.de/) have a configurator where you can “built” your dream bass, starting with one of their models and then doing some modding according to taste.

Here is one I wouldn’t mind owning at some point - it is based on their California TT model:

And, hey, at about USD 2500, it’s practically a bargain :rofl:

6 Likes

Great! Now I’m Jonesing for a €2,200 bass.

3 Likes

Ooh. Mine’s cheaper. Gotta replace those tuning machines though, the Fender clovers just look a little out of place. Also kind of similar functionally to my current bass. Love that look though, it was that or the natural Wenge.

I love their little logo by the neck joint.

Hard call on the violet vs Wenge:

It needs these then its all set:

6 Likes

yeah those light tuners are interesting, I wonder if they really do a big difference

5 Likes

Coincidentally, a Sandberg popped onto one of my local sales sites today. A Electra VS4 for £400.

I don’t quite have that money spare (currently trying to justify £250 for a Squier VM) but it was briefly tempting. I nothing about the brand other than they’re good looking basses and quite pricey new.

5 Likes

Check my latest video contribution to the “Share some good music” Friday thread… the guy plays a Sandberg California (a J-bass clone)… very nice!

3 Likes

Cort artisan

if allowed to dream …I agree if you like it and want to pick it up the look is part of the process. So if I make it to bad ass then I will be considering this. They call the colour burnt tobacco

10 Likes

Cool! We all have these dream basses… that is why we have this thread :grin:
But, hey, dreams can become true!!

4 Likes

@kiwiliveshere, I saw that Cort bass just the other week in a music shop that had a terribly small selection (even by their own poor standards), and I was drawn to it. Then I remembered I already had 2 basses hanging on the wall and eyes on another one - and I’m supposed to be broke!

It’s a lovely finish to natural wood though, eh?

1 Like

And . . . many of us also have “friends” that desperately need our advice about which bass(es) to get! . . . :wink:

6 Likes

Yes and I haven’t seen it for real so no reality temptation yet cheers

2 Likes

Have you seen the Phil Lynott replica from Fender? I would love to have one, but they’re $14000!!! Maybe I should start a GoFundMe page!

3 Likes

that’s just ridiculous IMHO.

4 Likes

For sure! It has me thinking though. I could probably build a reasonable facsimile for not too much $$$ On the other hand, there is a Yamaha bass similar to yours for sale locally. It’s a little pricey,; in the range of some used American made basses. Would I be paying for the "cool factor " or are the that nice in your opinion?

1 Like

Any pics on that Phil Lynott replica???

Who’s got that much money “lying around” for a bass? What is it that makes it so expensive??

2 Likes

Man, I love Philo, but omg!

1 Like

an SBV ? those things are really rare and a bit expensive, yeah. something around $1000. it’s some money for sure but in my opinion it’s not so expensive for what you get, as those SBV are really great instruments. to be honest I’ve never played a Fender Jazz Bass as good as my SBV 500. in my opinion everything is better on the SBV, from the playability to the electronics quality, including also the look (I must admit I really don’t like the Jazz Bass shape). So I’d say it would be interesting for you to test this Yam and see if you like it.

2 Likes

1967 5B? I love J basses, but also understand that sometimes you can fall in love unexpectedly. I have a music man cutlass that I would have never picked up, except for my wife looking at it and thinking it was cute. I still think it’s kind of homely, but the neck feels like God made it just for me. It’s dead straight and doesn’t buzz anywhere. It sounds like you have a similar experience with the Yamaha. I guess I need to check it out. Thanks!

2 Likes