Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@terb @howard If you guys have any info about this one would love to hear it!

6 Likes

Oh yes. I have never seen a burst quite like this.

Thanks!

This is the first time I have seen or heard of this bass! I love it, a lawsuit era Rick clone. Serious cool factor.

8 Likes

Like, I might even rather have that than an actual Rick, because it’s so unique and cool.

8 Likes

Wow! I feel so lucky :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A real Rick would be worth a lot more but I think yours is way more unique :slight_smile:

7 Likes

also I prefer a bolt-on neck than the neck-thru on the real Ricks.

lawsuit and copies of Rick basses are quite rare, much more than Fender and Gibson copies. that’s because Rickenbacker trademarked/copyrighted the headstock AND body shape from the start, what Fender and Gibson have not done at the time. that’s also why there is millions of Fender/Gibson copies around the world.

9 Likes

So true. An instrument’s history and cool-factor will beat any preconceived notions about its worth based on price tag. I LOVE that green color as well – I think the bass has a great look all around.

This is my W A L R U S B A S S. It’s just a Gio, but it was my first and the man I got it from has passed away. I think it’s one of the coolest instruments I own. I’ll never sell it.

Anyway, the point is – You may never find the history of your instrument, @H-BOMB, but I hope you write volumes of your own with it!

20 Likes

Whoa is that a sticker or painted? Either way it’s cool :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah the only other Rick clone from Japan that I know of is the cool Greco one.

5 Likes

Just a little vinyl someone printed for me. :smiley: Kind of a dedication to the guy I inherited it from. He had this bigass walrus skull on his mantle and was a biologist. I thought it was an appropriate tribute.

10 Likes

@chordsykat That is a lovely sentiment. I definitely appreciate having an instrument that is unique. It makes me want to play it much more than the Squier bass I started learning on, and it has inspired me to become a better bassist.

I love the Walrus! Do you know if it was produced with the decal already on it?

6 Likes

you’re awesome :+1:

seriously, nicely done

7 Likes

Ha! Just know that I’m over here shaking my fist at you burst-haters every time! Long live the bursts!!

And yet, I’m in total agreement here:

Killer instrument, @H-BOMB!

8 Likes

This is Flight EJB10 SB, basically cheapest bass I could find at the time of buying. It served and serves well. Finish is pretty amazing for the price. Fretjob is done so well you cant even feel there are any frets. However theres a fret buzz on few places and it doesnt really allow for low action, but hey atleast im strengthening my fingers.

Once Mustang arrives will probably gift it to somebody who wants to play, together with that small amp.

16 Likes

Very nice @H-BOMB,
Love the colour,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Keep it as a project bass, mod it to within an inch of its life :smiley:

4 Likes

Maybe I might, but last night I realized neck is bit warped, thats probably why some of frets buzz a bit, so Id have to change the neck too.

3 Likes

warped in what direction?

3 Likes

It seems counterclockwise at nut compared to lower part.

4 Likes