Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I did some decorating on my Mustang PJ.

23 Likes

Ugh, that sounds no good.

3 Likes

Snooopz!
Did you also change pickup selector to blend?

4 Likes

Yes. I had that done at the same time that I had the pickups replaced.

6 Likes

Wow, I just discovered this thread, what amazing basses!!
Here is my collection to date…

First bass purchased, Squire Classic Vibe '70s Jazz. I had no idea what I was doing or buying and ended up loving this bass. Used it through the entire BassBuzz course. I recently swapped pickups to the Custom Shop vintage '62 pickups and have Labella flats on it. It is a great example of Squire making an amazing product.

ESP LTD RB-1004 This is the Rocco Prestia signature bass designed by him. I also mistakenly thought I could get my P-bass fix via a PJ. That error was corrected below. This is a great bass and probably the easiest playing neck in the bunch. That said, I won’t be auditioning for TOP any time soon!

Gotta have a 5-string, right? What better than one that Josh reco’ed highly.
Yamaha TRBX305. I admit I haven’t dove in fully with her yet, but that is ok, she is ready when I am.

A tremendously stressful year of working like a dog, my payoff was correcting the above P-bass problem. Fender Custom Shop '61 Time Machine P-Bass Relic with fat vintage style Labella Flats (760M). This is what happens when you read the Jamerson book and watch Standing In The Shadows Of Motown.

A guy in Brooklyn was selling this Michael Kelly Fretless AE bass for a price I couldn’t pass up. They are el cheapo to begin with, but this was less than half new and not a thing wrong with it. Labella nylons give it pretty darn good tone. Figured it was an experiment in AE and fretless. The neck is rediculously long, and surprisingly flat for such a cheap bass. Fun to fool around with.

My daughter plays uke, and so I snagged this Kayla U-Bass to duet with her. These are sooo fun to play and have an amazing tone especially when amped. Hoping this staves off the upright craving for many, many years.

22 Likes

Some great looking guitars there, @John_E . . . . :slight_smile:

I have a Squier VM 70s Jazz in Olympic White myself.

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Very cool @joeike,:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Nice collection @John_E. Like your wall too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love the color combinations and chrome/silver humbuckers.

5 Likes

Thanks @Jbassist284 . I wish I could get a photo that properly shows off the sparkling burgundy finish. It looks really good. Epiphone says the pickups are a copy of the Thunderbird pickups from the 60’s and the covers are 18% nickel silver.

5 Likes

Ooo that’s high quality for sure! What kind of strings does it come with?

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to find anything on that so I don’t know the brand. They are nickel roundwound but that’s all I know. They sound fairly decent. I have a set of DR Sunbeams to put on them when these die out.

5 Likes

So… I was going to get a Fender 75th Commemorative Jazz Bass to celebrate finishing the course. Had it ordered and awaiting delivery. But the gold hardware was bugging me a bit… So, I start browsing basses as you do… And I stumble across one I fell in love with (after look at hundreds/thousands of others). After negotiating with my wife, this is going to be my “COVID has been $%&% so I deserve something nice” and my 20th wedding anniversary bass. And yes, I know not everyone will love the color, but I do, so tough! :slight_smile:

I did try to get @howard to talk me out of it…

JT: “Do you think I’m crazy?”

Howard: “Yes, but sometimes it’s good to be crazy and this is one of those times.”

Damn you Howard… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, this is my Sadowsky Japan Signature Bass. Sadowsky Japan is now closed down, so I wanted to snag one before they were gone for good and this is their top of the line model. I’ve heard nothing but incredible things about them. Currently winging its way over to me so I should have it in a week or so!

28 Likes

Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary and B2B Graduation, @JT . . . :wink:

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

@howard is right. Be crazy. That is a masterpiece.

15 Likes

Thanks. If anyone wants to be crazy with me, here is the link to the other 6 colors they have remaining in stock. Look at your own peril!

7 Likes

That’s a best case scenario all the way 'round! Lovely.

7 Likes

I like the last one, @JT (the teal green metallic) . . . :slight_smile:

edit: Also noticed they all have drop D tuners. Very nice!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Good choice. That was my 2nd favourite, but light pink is my favourite colour. It’s shell pink, which is what Flea’s bass is too, but his is more faded.

8 Likes

I liked the red one… Then I checked how much ¥ 380,000 in Euros is. And then I liked it a lot less :sweat_smile:

9 Likes