Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Hey @Gio!
I think we chatted a bit before - a while ago. Okay, some time ago! I’ve been taking lessons (shhh, don’t tell @JoshFossgreen) from Stu off (mostly) and on since the lockdown began.
I finally met him in October at a Recording Workshop at Sweetwater. He IS a great, patient, and gracious guy.
At the moment he has me working on getting my fingers more perpendicular to the fretboard especially down around the first four frets.
Hope all is well with you and you’re staying in tune!

7 Likes

Woody is an appropriate name, it’s only inappropriate to view this bass in public areas. Because Woody from Toy Story might pop out of pubic areas.

6 Likes

actually my granddad’s name was Woody (Woodrow). :+1:

6 Likes

At this point I knew I had messed up so I should get my things & go but your bass is still too sexy for me to stand up right now so I don’t want to add on to my embarrassment.

5 Likes

I just received this yesterday in time for my latest trip.
Squire Classic Vibe '70s Precision

24 Likes

ooh, very nice!

7 Likes

Very nice Jerry @JerryP,
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Fingers parallel to the frets in the first position (near nut) is something I really struggle with. If you have any tips to share that would be great.

6 Likes

Very nice, @JerryP . . . :+1:

I like the black neck blocks on the maple neck . . . matches the body.

Wishing you good luck and happy playing!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Oh yeah, very nice @JerryP

6 Likes

I think I’ve settled on my one bass, or forever bass. After playing P basses for a while and then entering the jazz bass world, they definitely feel right and sound right for me. It just has to be this jazz - american performer. I have a vintera 60’s jazz too, which is also amazing, but I think the performer pips it for me

Just getting it to take a photo is really making me want to play it right now!!

21 Likes

hah

you’re good

6 Likes

who is that on the pillow.

sweet bass btw

7 Likes

Great choice, @quadfather . . . :+1:

I admit I am a bit biased, though . . :wink:

Good luck with it and happy playing,
Joe

7 Likes

@itsratso

It’s Peter Cushion :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Jazzbass19

You just know when it feels right don’t you.

This is the one I mentioned when we were talking about the ultra. This performer just seems to play so well in the band though. It’d need to be something really special to improve I think!

Still torn about that ultra though - I’ll have to have a go on one, at some point

7 Likes

you must really hate him if you sit on his face all day. or really love him I guess.

8 Likes

Ok I am in awe

7 Likes

I only lean against him slightly :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You need to make a matching one with this:

7 Likes