Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Congratulations.
Hope you got a great deal.
The case looks great too.
Enjoy.

3 Likes

That’s a funky bridge you have on the EB0, what type is it ?

3 Likes

It from Hipshot. It was recommended as a replacement for the eb-o bridge which seems to have a lousy reputation.

3 Likes

I think most Gibson bridges have a lousy reputation.
Great replacement tho, thats what I would have done. Those EB-0’s have great tone.

2 Likes

I’m a real newb in bass playing so my ear isn’t as good as most. I replaced the pickup because the original was a wreck. I do like playing this one though!

3 Likes

id stick with the CV @dpanders. or at least wouldnt buy the g&l without holding it. i went through a few p basses (mostly mim 90’s era) when starting and they all had chunky necks and were hard to play. it really stalled my progress. i picked up one of the new CV p-basses in green and the neck is special. its the same nut width but has a thinner profile. i jumped up in endurance and make way fewer mistakes with it. youve got a gem to learn on.

1 Like

My current bass collection. On the right is a Fender Jazz, in BEAD tuning with a Zero fret and Pau Ferro fret board.

Next is my Jazz with a maple fretboard, standard tuning.

On the left is my newest, a Jaguar with black hardware and an ebony fretboard.

Picked up the Jaguar yesterday. I tried a P bass and boy is that neck chonky. But the Jag has the same splt pup as a P and neck as a Jazz, which is very comfortable to me.

I returned the Schecter because as it is a beautiful instrument, great feel and all, not quite the sound I was going for. And it had a lot of fret buzz, even after a visit to a Luthier.

The Jag is a lot less flashy, but workman like and I like that. Sounds great too. Love the black aesthetic. Fender is coming out with some different looks these days.

Was tempted by some Sterlings on the wall, but maybe next time.

I have an SR600 E on order which will fill my guitar stands. Pretty happy.

13 Likes

Very nice set of basses, @Wombat-metal . . . :slight_smile:

Once I got my first Jazz, I fell in love with the neck . . . the neck is what makes it for me!

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Funny, I can play other guitars and some necks like the Schecter are very nice, but the Jazz neck just feels right. Like home. Don’t know how to explain it

4 Likes

No need to explain it to me . . . :wink: lol

4 Likes

What range is that Jaguar in?
I’ve never seen that model before.

I have the Squier Classic Vibe PJ Jaguar, and it’s great, but I have a hankering for a more upmarket PJ.

4 Likes

It’s a Player series, $825 list before haggling, and a limited edition. To me it’s reasonable. The limited edition not a big thing to me, but I do like the black hardware an painted headstock. And the ebony fretboard. If there was one thing I would have kept from the Schecter is the ebony fretboard.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Jaguar-Bass-Limited-Edition-Ebony-Fingerboard-Black-1500000311272.gc

4 Likes

It’s not listed on Fender European sites so maybe a GC or American only limited edition. It looks GREAT in the black. (There is a MIM Jaguar but not in that colour)

I agree about the Ebony fretboard, it’s seriously classy.

I’ll keep an eye open for it in the European retailers - It could be a viable alternative the Duff McKagan PJ I’ve being considering.

4 Likes

That sounds a bit odd, but possible.

Yeah, thats how I felt on the Ray4, pretty much a Jazz neck.

3 Likes

Probably user error. In any case don’t think it was the right fit.

4 Likes

Might have had a high fret that needed levelling. It happens. A luthier probably isn’t going to level your frets unless you ask them to, since it removes material from the frets.

2 Likes

My other 2 basses. The sunburst one is a P-Bass knockoff but it’s also the one that’s actually playable right now despite the fact that I’ve had to replace the E string (the Glarry next to it needs one). I’m hoping the one I’m building will be ready in a couple weeks as it’s looking really cool even with just the body and neck. The Steinberger probably won’t be here until late June or early July (Musician’s Friend says they’re not in until June 26).

11 Likes

4 basses?
Yep, you are in the right place :smile:

6 Likes

IT has arrived.
happy happy
I am officially a MM owner.
Need to adjust the setup cause the guy had it super low.
It is still mint for sure.
Will give it a proper clean and set up and have some fun tonight.
Already love the tuners and the lightweightness of this bass, WOW.
I can’t believe I got this thing for only $1600, retails for $2800

21 Likes

Very nice, @John_E . . . :+1:

Congrats, good luck with it, and happy playing . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

8 Likes