Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Yeah, hope for rain this weekend and that the bass gets here.

The abalone looks nice I think, and an ash body with Nordstrand pickups - for the cost you wouldn’t expect that

4 Likes

Love that burst and roasted neck. Beautiful.

4 Likes

This just arrived today. I have the burst and wanted a sea foam and bought the Squier it was very nice til I have that itch again. I’m sure glad I got this one. It’s actually a satin finish, love it. There’s a weird hum that I have to investigate.

16 Likes

Oh got you, I don’t mind it too much.

@Al1885 Do you have carpet underneath your amp for acoustics reasons? Or to absorb some rumble from the amp?

5 Likes

Absolutely love the green!

5 Likes

A little bit of both but reall the main reason was that amp was so heavy I put it on the carpet and drag😂

6 Likes

Now you are a smart man on all ends! Well done. I have seen in other places people lay carpet down & have noticed that sounds way different than the reflection on a bare garage floor.

4 Likes

True that!
This amp already has a rubber feet and cover in felts. Then again I barely turn anything up if I go up to full half the window will shake and my ears will start to drip blood, lol.

5 Likes

Sweet set up you got.

I am a huge SWR fan. They are definitely loud and very capable of shaking a house down. Back then (25 plus years ago), it seems that marketing was more up front with amp wattage. Mine says right on front, 160W, 220W with add on speaker. Now a days they say an amp is 250W, but fail to mention that it is 250 with an add on Cab and only 150W, or so, when it is only the combo amp. I have had people plug into mine and say, Holy F S Batman, that is way louder them my 250 and it is only 160W? WTF. I say, yeah, read the back of your amp, and see what the output really is, as just a combo amp, without an add on speaker.

I have the WorkingMan 10 and WorkingMan 15.
I almost bought a WorkingMan12 too, cuz somebody had one that looked brand new and was selling it on Offer Up for $75. I went out of town or something, and when I got back it was gone. Oh well, I don’t need it, just wanted it to complete the set.

Mine are a little older than yours, they are the the Red Logo with black grates, don’t kick back (slant cab) and are MIA and MIM. I think yours is MIM, because they eventually changed the WorkingMan line to WorkingPro, and I think those were made in China. that was after Fender bought them, before they shut them down. You can find the SWR story online, I think it is on the FENDER site actually, if you don’t know it, it is really interesting, and SWR sort of changed the whole way Bass was recorded in the studio, before they took it to the stage and then to the bedroom / garage.
They are great amps tho, I really dig them, and you can get them for pretty reasonable price.

I paid $100 for a WorkingMan 15
I paid $100 for a WorkingMan 4x10 add on cabinet for the WorkingMan 15
I paid $100 for a WorkingMan 10

I am still looking for a SWR head of some sort just to drive the Cabinet when I don’t want to use the WorkingMan 15 with it. I have a Gallien Krueger Backline 250 that is great with it, but, I still want an SWR WorkingMan 4004 or 300 or something.

They are almost 30 years old and still kicking hard

3 Likes

Sitting here practicing and decided to post my new baby.

20 Likes

That’s a geniune ironing board you’ve got there! How does it play?

8 Likes

Gorgeous! Definitely a large number of strings there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Like a wet dream. The fan frets took no time to get used to and the electronics work well with my setup.
It has a remarkably fast neck and chords from the twelfth fret down are clear and easy to fret. The B string is lovely and rich and the tension is spot on.

It should be said I have owned a ibanez 5 string for years and much of the positives from that are the same here. In addition I have a 28inch baritone guitar tuned in forths that I play a lot, and a lot of that practice seems to carry over as well.

6 Likes

I totally agree. I also love how adjustable the sound is even without the Downtown Express. I am using Rotosound Flatwounds on my bass and am able to get that deep soft sound without it getting too mushy. I just love it.

4 Likes

You’re right Josh, that Eastwood is beautiful!

5 Likes

@dbzildjian45 … Are those Warrior beads from Scout Camp hanging between the instruments?

2 Likes

Added a Fender Precision Elite to the collection. As some of you know, I’m normally a Music Man Stingray player but adding this incredible PJ to the mix allows me to very quickly get to all of my favorite bass tones.

Gorgeous instrument that plays phenomenally. Has to be my favorite American Fender so far. Highly recommend if you’re, like many, on the fence between a Precision or a Jazz.

17 Likes

Hello All. Just got out of the hospital and rejoining the world. Will be restarting the classes today and wanted to post a pic of my Fender Rumble 40 amp and my first bass (probably my only bass unless I get a 5 string later on just to have) the Lakland 44-01.

19 Likes

Glad to see more 6 string bassists in here. Especially Ibanez fans. Great bass! I love the fan frets, never seen an Ibanez bass with them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

WOW that is beautiful.
Would love to try one out someday.

5 Likes