Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Nice.

Now I really want mine to get here. How does she sound?

4 Likes

My SR600e in cosmic blue is shipping today, and should be here by the weekend. Happy days

3 Likes

i always said i wanted a bass with no controls, never thought i’d actually see one in production though.

4 Likes

ESP makes a bass with a single humbucker and just a volume control

5 Likes

Welcome @jdDeal !

5 Likes

I dont have a MM, or a precision bass, or a semi-hollow… yet :smiley:

6 Likes

ToMMorrow, toMMorrow, you’ll get one toMMorrow, it’s always a day away

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @jdDeal ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks. It is the stock preamp and pickups on latest model of the Ibanez SR600E.

2 Likes

I’m still playing with it - and liking what I’m getting so far. However with all the options in the preamp and pickups, I’m thinking you could get just about any sound you’re after in this unit. I’m also loving the neck width and smoothness. Just an all round pleasure. Can’t wait to see your blue one - it was a toss up for me which one to go with. Can’t go wrong with either IMO.

4 Likes

Same :slight_smile:

Though I could picture a semi-hollow.

2 Likes

You know, when I ordered there was like 30 people who had already ordered the brown burst, and very few the blue, but I like something that pops a little.

I would have preferred a regular trans finish but these are the times we live in.

Really stoked to get it and play with the split humbucker. I probably will find a tone I like and settle for now, I don’t want to lose time on my technical progress right now and I could lose weeks exploring tones

5 Likes

You’ve done a good thing @Wombat-metal :sunglasses: I’m sure you will love your SR.

3 Likes

Yeah that just looks like a great bass. I already love SR’s though so I am an easy sell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pictures are here! One thing I like about Sweetwater is you get pictures of what you buy.

And with this coloring, the headstock isn’t obnoxious

20 Likes

Beauty!
That’s a ton of controls on there

8 Likes

Oh man that could bring a really bad case of GAS on :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Hmmmm … maybe I need to get mine a baby brother!!! I might have some challenges getting that authorised by the head of the Finance department. The abalone shell really looks great with that scheme. If you’re anything like me, you’re going to be locked in a room for days. I am just having a little break from my SR600E (to chat about SR600Es) as my fingers are a bit sore :joy:.

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful bass. That ocean blue running over that sandy wood island.

I have a 6 string SR and I love mine. Nice to see SR’s in here lately, tbh. I love the SR headstock though, it’s one of my favorite on any bass.

3 Likes

I like the headstock; the Soundgear logo not so much.

3 Likes