Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Early this year I was so close to getting the original Joe Dart but the seller backed out at the last minute. I’ve been looking for the knobs, apparently, it’s an appliance knobs. I found the link to some Caribbean website but didn’t go anywhere. If have that I would have built a replica. Lol.

3 Likes

Warp speed

3 Likes

Just a volume, like a Joe Dart Stingray

2 Likes

Interesting @T_dub
So you would be able to adjust the tone if wanted via a preamp pedal?

2 Likes

Now I have some doubts. Doing some searches, the emerald green SR500 was an opaque finish, but this is a trans finish. The only models I can find with the green trans finish are an Sr800 and Sr1000, both MIJ.

Will do more checking, wish I had the SN

3 Likes

Yes for sure. When I had it I have preamp control from the providence dual bass station, the Ashdown tone pocket, Yamaha mixer, and the Roland KC550. Not that I used them all at once but I can, lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, thats the idea.
The only other bass I have been aware of that has this is Joe Dart.
His Joe Dart Jr. Short Scale stingray has no on board controls.

This Pete Wentz was out before Joe Dart’s Stingray however, so I am not sure if he was the first (I doubt it), or the first to have a signature model with only a volume.

The guitar player for The Decedents Stephen Egerton has a guitar that has zero on board controls. His reasoning was because he plays so fast and aggressive that they would often be in the way, and he would change the volume and tone, eq, etc… while playing, so he had a signature model made with nothing on it.

2 Likes

Do you have more info on this one?
This is the one you were telling me about the other day when you dropped the bass off, right?

3 Likes

Also, I had a SR300 and SR400QM from that era.
They both had a 3 band EQ, it is just a stacked Bass / Treble, with a solo Mid.
That looks to be the same configuration, so it might be a 3 band eq, unless you know for sure there is not a stacked pot.

3 Likes

Yeah here.

3 Likes

Wow, how young is Greggor in this one. LOL
This is some early stuff for sure.
Thanks for the link

EDIT: 2013, so 8 years ago.

3 Likes

This beauty arrived today, and she is all I dreamt she would be.

21 Likes

I can’t watch him with hair

4 Likes

Now that is a nice looking bass man.
Wow,

4 Likes

Thank you. It is such a nicely balanced bass, no hint of nose dive and not too heavy. I’m really enjoying getting to know this instrument.

4 Likes

The wood on the Ibanez looks outstanding @Bassdacious .
Congratulations

4 Likes

Love the burst, it looks awesome. Is that a fat stack pickups? What preamp did you install on it?

3 Likes

Ok…so its just not my bass, Fender Jazz from the early 2000’s, but also my setup. I am using a Fender Downtown Express plugged into my SWR Workingman 12. Sounds sweet and rattles the walls even though it is compact enough to fit in my MINI… what more can you ask for. I do have to say that my non-bass guitars also sound great through this, even my acoustic. Weird.

Anyway I am lucky enough to have a pretty nice setup to start my journey to become a bass player that plays bass instead of a guitar player that plays like a guitar player that owns a bass. LOL.

11 Likes

Me too! Love the simplicity. It sounds the way it’s supposed to sound. Nothing to fiddle with.

4 Likes

Great equipment, @jdDeal . . … :+1:

Welcome to the Forums, and we hope you enjoy your time with us!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes