Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

All fun n games, you are good.
I will admit, you had me scracthing my head for a minute, wondering how I could be so far off. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

It is Great Pam. I can finally play Sabbath lines and sound way more like Geezer Buttler (tone wise, not trying to say I play that good). But yeah, the P tone with Geezers solo’s and fills is so noticeably not Geezer when played on something else. Now I can do a run in IronMan or N.I.P or Paranoid, and get the satisfaction of it sounding close.

5 Likes

Nice Toby @T_dub ,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Congratulations @T_dub . Certainly looks a beauty. Now we need a cover to hear her :wink:

5 Likes

Yeah, I am way behind on covers.
I need to get more tracks. somebody was making them for me then forgot.
I will look back thru my notes.
Once I get a few, I can make some.
BUT
I am gonna do something special for this one. Probably something Geezer so I can get that P bass roll sound he gets that sounds oh so awesome, and just doesn’t sound quite right on a Ray. Still sounds good, but not right.

4 Likes

Look forward to hearing it :sunglasses:

4 Likes

No promises, but the two songs I have been playing alot lately are

Iron Man
and
For Whom The Bell tolls

Just saying, If somebody said, you have two days to do two songs, thats about where I would start.

Thing is, I do course lessons more than that tho.

And now that my All Access Pass has gone away, Mark almost gave me every course in his library. Nice guy. So now I have lots more to do then I even thought. But thats great.

7 Likes

I’ve really got to check Marks courses out.
I’ve watched a couple of his YouTube videos but never took it any further.

4 Likes

Only one knob? What’s that, just volume, or just tone, or…?

By the way, zooming in on that thing, I can almost see what you look like :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I hadn’t noticed it only had one knob @Mike_NL . Maybe a push/pull one?

4 Likes

Just a volume, no tone it seems

4 Likes

Congrats on your new P-bass, Toby @T_dub . . . :slight_smile:

I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it, especially with the neck.

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Grats T! She is a beauty. Welcome to the p-bass club :clap:

3 Likes

Score!

Took out the pickguard for a little BFR look.

10 Likes

Made this over the weekend. Pino Palladino inspired

10 Likes

Baby did a bad bad thing

I was bored and browsing the GC used equipment, I really want a P bass one day, and ran across this for under $300
SR500

Ibanez MIK SR500, 1994-1995 from the color, pickups, and knob arrangement - please correct me. Maple body, 3 piece maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, 2 band EQ, listed in great condition

Pulled the trigger. I’m a goner… what the hell do I need with another bass?

By the markings in the pickups I am guessing mine is a 95 model with the IBZ AFR P/J pickups which were new for 95

This is what 94 sounds like

12 Likes

Sounds like the right p-bass tone and you can always set your EQ mid and treble lower if you want a more contour sound.

4 Likes

It works great just volume knob. The ne short scale Joe Dart has no knobs, I want one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

You mean the Joe Dart Jr? That one is cool!

3 Likes

Gotta love Joe Dart. Not only are these sold out but I’ve already seen an unopened JD Jr. On Reverb north of $5000… Double retail.

4 Likes