Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

That’s my favorite Jazz bass & color. I love it in sunburst. I hope to one day get the same one. Congrats on yours! Love the Ampeg rig as well.

5 Likes

Thanks!!

5 Likes

What mods did you do? Please give me more ideas lol

5 Likes

Oh dear…well I blacked out every single bit of hardware, down to the screws an neckplate.
Hipshot Kickass high mass bridge (really changes tone, for the better IMO)
Hipshot tuners with a drop-D extender on the E string
Emerson pots swap out (really changes tone, for the better IMO)
Fully black pickguard (I cheated here and just sharpied out the white line going around it.)
I also put in Fender Custom Shop '62 pickups but these might get swapped out at some point to try a few others, but are super cool IMO for now regardless.
Also de-glossed the back of the neck so not as ‘gooey’, more like matte/satin finish.
Gave it its own strap too…
The only thing I forgot was a black nut, which I need to go and swap out at some point.

16 Likes

That’s so great, I love litterally everything about it. Man of style & taste! Looks perfect.

8 Likes

I will be getting the hipshot bridge (I am glad you mentioned the tone is improved) as well as drop d tuner and play around with different strings. Thanks for the breakdown !

5 Likes

Was changing the bridge with the kickass and the drop d tuner pretty straight forward ? I like doing things myself but don’t want to eff things up lol

3 Likes

Super easy.

Bridge is same screw holes. Strings off. Five screws out. Five screws in. Strings back on.

Tuners - 2 of the 4 holes lined up on each tuning machine, the others I just drilled in place (make sure you mark your bit so you don’t go all the way through. The other bit is there is a ring ferrule that you have to pop out of each hole and tap back in from the new set. You need something round and hard of similar size to pop them out. I had some leather punches around and the handles are metal and round so just used them in reverse and used the handle end to pop them out. You can use a wooden dowel too. It’s easy.
I did have to sand/file (I used a rounded file) to open up the holes just a tad so the new ones would fit. This may all be due to mine being a Squire and oddball Indonesian specs.

You have a Fender right? Might even be a bit easier but by no means was this hard.

5 Likes

Good to hear. I have a Kickass bridge waiting to go on.

4 Likes

Oh BOY!!!
Somebody is going to be up all night tonight. Hmmm… Not as dramatic of an effect when I am usually up all night, but still.

SOMEBODY IS GOING TO BE UP ALL NIGHT TONIGHT!!!

Thanks to the ultimate generosity of Al @Al1885 , not only giving me a great price on this fabulous bass, but let me know ahead of time that he was driving down to Santa Ana to bring his mother dinner, and If I was ready, he could drop this masterpiece of a Squire as I have ever seen.

Get our yer guns @PamPurrs and @John_E There is a new Signature series in black and red in town.

Now, this is not the first Squire I had, I traded an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. Guitar for a Squire Vintage Modified Jaguar, and sold that for $200 profit, which was 2/3 of the cash I used to by my first Ray4 off the rack at GC

The bat looks like he is locked up.
Hmmm…
Hope he is not a future telling bat.

I can’t beleive how light this bass is. I am blown away. Of course, there is not much as far as electronics, so I guess it makes sense.

This signature P bass has a Jazz neck, wouldn’t you know. I am happy because I love Jazz necks, I still would like to get a P with a P neck, to find out if I like it, or if I rather swap it out with a Jazz neck, still in the furure, but for now.

I HAVE A P BASS, I AM HAPPY AS A CLAM

Pete Wentz Sig Model

22 Likes

Congrats @T_dub.
LOVE that bass, hope you enjoy the hell out of it!!

8 Likes

Really sweet bass

8 Likes

Cool it’s what I thought for the bridge for the tuner I am sure there are heaps of you tube vids that I can check out seems straight forward. I worked in a bike shop for 7 years while in school so I am mechanically inclined to an extent. Thanks John!

6 Likes

That’s a beauty Toby @T_dub, I hope it sounds a good as it looks.

7 Likes

Oh you will be fine then

6 Likes

Nice Squier! Love the bats. Little details like the alternating screw colors are cool too.

6 Likes

Congrats @T_dub

6 Likes

I think that’s a diamond

4 Likes

The face is, seems like bat wings around it to me tho

Like the Heart faced bat on the body? I guess it could be something other than a bat, but that seems to be the theme?
He was Fall out Boy, did he do Aquabats too? I don’t know him too good.

4 Likes

I misunderstood what you said - the strings didn’t register when I was looking. I’m a dummy

4 Likes